Homeopathy Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Homeopathy Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHompath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Engineer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 08 at 10:36
The 100KB limit makes us to reduce the size to fit into the limit and that makes the image almost unreadable.

Murthy
Avoid doing things to others which will make you red when others do it to you.

Mahabharat-Hindu Epic
Sponsored Links

Ricky View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Ricky Rocks!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 08 at 12:52

Thanks - I just wanted to show the cross reference facility. In this case it was for the  rubric next to it- Courageous. Maybe not the best example but you can see what I mean. It gives you other ideas of where to search.

Rochelle

Rochelle
RSHom
Registered Homeopath
Practitioner in Meridian Therapies (Level 3 Advanced EFT)
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 08 at 06:35
Originally posted by Katja Katja wrote:

Hi all,
I had already send them some copies of faulty repertorization sheets for investigation and asked whether there is an update available, but unfortunately I never got reply.
Thanks a lot.

My experience is the same.Recently i asked them about the comparison of remedies--- no reply.People of Radar and Mercurius are very quick.
sajjad.

wequar View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 08 at 15:46
Can Hpathy management take some technical measures so that more than 100kb format can be uploaded from the same "tree" icon on the post reply window;This would encourage members to display more graphically their analysis/repertorisation etc;Dr Sajjad and others have been displaying their analysis by utilising other image hosting sites.but its cumbersome at least for me.and may be for few others.

Wequar 
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 08 at 07:30
Image Upload Images must be of the type, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, and have a maximum file size of 200KB.

It is now enhanced by the management.

sajjad.
Dr.K.Srinivasa Ragha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 02:39
i am using classic hompath version 8 and for the past severl years and the latest the hompath md for the past 6 months and I am  in not very comfortable  unless you have hectic practice and  most of  the repertorisation is done with either patients referring serval symptoms of particular,general,mind and so on and  if you feed it taking mind symptom first then to genralaties and then to particulars most likely you get only polycrest drugs only(like calcarb,lycopodium,phosprous,arsenic album and son on and if at all you get a PQRS symptoms and feed it due to gradation of remedies(1,2,3)these PQR Symptoms  get hidden in totality of marks in  gradation and not  totality of the symptoms and pushed out of sight in the screen hence you will have to apply varoius filters to ascertain and these PQRS( a remote possibility)  will be convenietly be mis/displaced  and I may be excused and pardoned if I were to be wong and I may be given a solution to pickout that PQRS remedy and avenue of opening to the new and rare remideies will be out of question  and with these packages homeopathy has to survive only with poly crest remedies say around 50 or 100 or may be  200 and  at very few times if we award each symtoms one mark and if it were to be  only very few symptoms we may like to isolate and and a chance to placed  among rest of the 2000 remedies and  the important  remedies have hardly any place of importance  in finding a prominent(eg sangunaria can has never fingured in the remedy group as prominent or awarded a leading mark even if you apply all the respectives remedy symptoms of sangunaria canadensis  and in that place all poly crest remedies will figure in  array and hence sangunaria  canadensis be pushed to fifth or sixth place and like this lots and lots of these very fine and important  remedies will never get a place at all)  in these  software packages. The in- depth knowledge,through understanding of the drug symptom and disease symptom, experience and art of knowing the right remedy at the right time is the faculty of the human brain and also a  real pointer. Apart from this  when you strat using these softwares we loose the habit of reading( in my case it is most certain) and always relying on these softwares and the even  quick acute prescription which would have to be  in our memory will slowly fade away and in MY OPINION(my opinion only)all we can do in these packages is only finding a SIMILAR REMEDIES  and never a SIMILIMUM and if we wanted to be  to be successful after our usual selection of remedies(subjectively and objectvely) we should either refer to Samuel Lillienthal or Kalvin Knerr  materia medica and refer  mind ,general and pathological symptoms in those chapters  which will most likely to give a perfect remedy because there is every likelihood that we are very well  aware in what we prescribe as a remedy atleast ,after reading these chapters and never a guess work, THAN THE REMEDY MERELY INDICATED  by the software.This is my very humble opinion as well as  the common experience/inexperience  and difficulties met  by  homeopaths like us  and among them excemptions  are not generalities and excempleries are not  common.Embarrassed
with regards  
with humility to serve Homoeopathy and Humanity
Dr.K.Srinivasa Raghavan / B.A;D.I.HOM;R.H.M.P;N.D;
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 03:40

Thanks for your input Dr.K.Srinivasa Raghavan.

Hompath does not only include the Complete repertory but also other ones like Boenninghausen, Boger, Boericke etc.
However, I just checked out some cases and found that ALL these repertories have incomplete rubrics, viz. missing rubrics and MOREOVER remedies missing in the rubrics which inevitably lead to the incorrect choice of the remedy IF you RELY upon this software.

However, I still have the old version. I asked Dr.Shah to send me repertorization sheets for some examples made with the old version so that I can see whether the new one is better and complete. But I never got reply so far.
Katja Schütt

"Those who walk the path of truth will never stumble."
Gandhi

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 10:01
forum member katja and others,
I know pretty well it has(HOMPATH MD) 16 repertories starting from' complete" to" wards" but one needs lot of patience, rubric acumen, even rubric order of words,spelling,the selection of words by the different authors and finally most important of it knowing various filters & a little bit of luck also which you don't require for a remedy selection  of you do it by hand and even in repertory selection each repertory has different remedies for the same pathological conditions or slight alterations in mental and general conditions and even the repertory nomenclature changes from author to author  and at the age of 55(to day being my birthday)it is most painful for me and now a days I have started doing it carefully by hand  and finally refer to the mind and general symptoms  along with the location of the problem of the selected remedy in the "Homoeopathic  therapeutics" by Samuel Lilienthal book and arrive the remedy." HOMOEOPATHY NEVER FAILS YET HOMEOPATH like self at times FAILS"  and  let me on this day of my karmic birth, the self PRAYs TO GOD TO GET A PERFECT SIMILIMUM TO help people around me who comes for real humane care and cure.Let God Bless all Homeopath around the world.
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 19:05

Not only repertories differs but more or less every materia medica is different.Do not be discouraged by Hompath classic and others.It depends on your own skill how to handle the case.You know the most difficult task  in homeopathy is the interpretation of symptoms and finding their corresponding remedies.Have you ever tried Boennenghausan method of finding the right remedt.It is easy and perfect.Takes a little time and is useful both in acute as well as chronic diseases.Kent gives importance to mental symptoms.In this subcontinent no body will reveal and do not give any importance and they are also unreliable because they are subjective symptoms and the patient can easily misguide.

sajjad.

In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 19:12
Physical complaint with sensations,modalities and concomitant is enough to reach the right remedy.Any repertory can be used for this purpose
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 19:32
Dear Dr k,
Please continue posting.It is a high time to discuss homeopathy and happy birthday to youSmile.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 09 at 19:40
Dear Dr.Sajjad Akram,
May Divinity dwell on you.I have long been  thinking about using Boennenghausan repertory and now that I have a threshold desire and a warm and soothing advise received from you
I shall endeavour to give a very honest try and thank you very much for the same.
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 09 at 06:26
Hi Dr.K.Srinivasa Raghavan,
I'm not sure whether you have misunderstood me. The criticism was aimed towards the software not against you !
Happy belated birthday !
Katja Schütt

Gandhi

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 09 at 10:30
Hi DR.Katja,
You can be rest assured that there is no trace of misunderstanding as I am aware that the criticism was not aimed at me and I lamented because I had no opportunity so far to do  that  even after updating from Hompath classic  8 to Hompath MD  and I am yet  to find the perfect similimum which  I concur with you  but striving hard to win over the shortcoming/s of self and software/s  and incidentaly I happend to read " predictive homoeopathy" part II by Dr.Prafull Vijayarkar which was inspiring and teaching us his methodlogy,without affecting any basic principles of our Founder DR.S.Hahneemann,to arrive the  art of perfect similimum for acute diseases which may be downloaded under the aforesaid topic  which is for the kind information of  your goodself and our members.    
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 09 at 07:09
Dr.K.Srinivasa Raghavan,
Have you ever noticed the mistakes in classic software as Katja pointed out.You are in India, you can talk to Dr Jawahar shah becuse he and his team do not reply any mail.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 09 at 10:49
Dear Sajjad Akram,
I tried to contact them(hompath team) few times and as usual I also did not get any satisfactory reply and now a days I am not frequently  using the software and I have other software/s for my acute cases and for your kind information that  I have only very little  time and resources available at my disposal as I am employed in Bank for the past 35 years  and  I do Homoeopathy as a  completly  free service to the poor and needy dispensing free prescription and remedies as well  and attend camps on holidays and use the Hompath MD or  other software/s  only on occasions and navigate through it but most use it to read articles from 1900s and  and  around 400 books which are around 1 lac  pages of information which I use  for verification or cross verification.Of late,even though belated,  as per your very kind advise I started reading Boenninghausen repertory and if God be merciful let me get a grip of it to care and  cure more and more people around me. After reading so many about homeopathy whether every homeopath is a repertory or not  but every homeopath has their methodology and  own ways and means to handle it and at times ,I am afraid, unless there ought to  be a fixed and standard way to arrive  similar  a group of remedies for  pathological,mental,General condtions and I wish and  appeal to  all ELITE& Most  Intellectual group of our  Homopathic  Community to  gather together and find out a single,simple,sound,solid,unified and unique methodology in finding out the similar remedies and also the  best potency for ALL  remedies like DR.Nash who had the strength and conviction to  annouce the choice of the best potency in each remedy among 250 and odd  remedies and that day the Greatness of Homoeopathy will be felt by the entire race and universe.The art of CURE  happens at the  Perfect similimum which  is the perfect fusion of Perfect Remedy and  perfect potency.
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 09 at 07:51
Dear Dr.K.Srinivasa Raghavan,
You know  that the majority of population of this subcontinent is unable to pay heavy expenses for medical assistance. you are doing a great service to the needy people.God may help and give you the reward.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 11:47

Yippee !!!!

It took some time, but I got the copies of the repertorization charts I had asked for in order to check whether the  repertorization mistakes  were eradictaed. As the resend rep charts were correct I ordered the software which arrived on friday ! Now I'm curious to see whether the rubrics are complete. Thesewere quite incomplete in the former version... will keep you up to date,
Katja Schütt

Gandhi
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 09 at 04:36
Hope this time the software is free from mistakes.
Good luck.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 11 at 07:54

Just want to mention that the software, the old one as well as the update, is delivered with a Trojan horse. Quite annoying.
Katja Schütt

Gandhi
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 11 at 21:03
I think you will not face this problem with window 7.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 11 at 07:29
I was facing the same problem with XP,then i changed to Vista and window 7.Now there is not any problem. It is better you contact the software developer.
Regards.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic