Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSweaty hands and feet(hyperhidrosis)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hhguy24 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweaty hands and feet(hyperhidrosis)
    Posted: 16 March 07 at 02:12
I started taking SILICEA 30C, 4 pellets dose under tongue, 3 times a day since yesterday and I haven't noticed any cessation of sweat.  How long should i take silicea before I try something else?Sepia?Arg nit?Phos ac?

I'm 24-M, 5'7" 140lbs, blk hair brwn eyes, and dark complexion. I'm an introvert - but confident when need be.I have had sweaty palms and feet since I was a child.  The sweat has no odor.  I workout at the gym 2-3 times/wk.  

I'm currently trying to fight off mononucleosis - have had it for 8 months, and lately haven't been able to fall asleep till late around 2-3am.  I'm taking Milk thistle currently to cleanse my liver. I take a mult -vitamin, drink about 2 cups of green tea a day.

Modalities: better in the cold, open air (but not always), better when relaxed i.e. at home with family, better at night, doesn't sweat while asleep

Worse in the heat, worse when tense, nervous, alert(i.e. driving) anxious, or excited (i.e. in class at school, or watching a sports game where the score is close)

Please help, any advice will be much appreciated.  Anything other info that might be needed, please just ask.

Regards

Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 07 at 15:06

You may be in luck my friend.  Stop the silica, first of all.  Listen, when you've got mononucleosis, the least of your problems is sweaty palms and feet; this symptom is so irrelevant as to be ridiculous, plus, if this is normal for your constitutional type, it may be untreatable.  Your problem is mono!  You need a remedy that has an action on the liver.  Lucky for you, there is only one remedy listed for perspiration stops during sleep and that's Arsenicum!

I would suggest that you take arsenicum 6C three times a day.  Put a few pellets in a bottle of spring water and shake the bottle before each dose.  A sip is a dose.  Also, you shouldn't be working out at the gym, you have mono, you're going to make yourself worse.  You need to rest.

Now, if the remedy makes you worse, stop taking it.  Give it at least a two week trial.  Keep in mind that having a complete case would be preferable and having a homeopath to manage your case would be preferable too.  The only thing I can tell you for sure is that Silica is the wrong remedy.

Snoopy

hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 07 at 20:47
Originally posted by Snoopy

.  Lucky for you, there is only one remedy listed for perspiration stops during sleep and that's Arsenicum!

Thank you for your reply Snoopy.  I am confused by what you are saying above b/c my hands and feet DO NOT sweat while I'm asleep, but while I'm awake.  Are you suggesting arsenicum for my mono or for sweaty palms/feet?  I'm looking to stop sweat while awake. 

Also, you say a few, how much is a few pellets?

My mono symptoms are not present currently, but I don't have my normal energy like I used to.  I recently started taking 6-8 grams of vitamin C to help the mono as well, after reading Dr. Cathcart's findings.

I will stop silicea and try this asap, and I will report the results.  I really desire to find a cure for my hands and feet as I have suffered w/ this my whole life- making social situations especially very anxious.

Regards
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 07 at 21:41

Dear HHGuy,

Sweating stops during sleep is what we call a characteristic symptom.  Common symptoms like foot sweat and sweaty palms don't help us find remedies.

Arsenicum happens to be a liver remedy.  In fact, it cured my dog of cirrhosis of the liver.  I'm thinking to myself, "He's got liver disease, and he's got this unusual symptom that only matches one remedy.  That same remedy is a liver remedy."  Therefore, it's worth trying.  When i say a few pellets, three will do.  Good luck!

Edited by Snoopy - 16 March 07 at 21:41
hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 07 at 23:39
Thank you so much Snoopy, I will try this tomorrow when if I can pick up arsenicum 6X at my local health food store, and I'll post my results. 

So the milk thistle I'm taking for my liver cleanse won't interfere w/ the arsenicum?

In the meantime, does anybody object or agree w/ this solution, or have different suggestions/opinion? 

Regards

Edited by hhguy24 - 16 March 07 at 23:44
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 07 at 15:58

Dear HHguy

Mono is NOT easy to erradicate. As snoopy mentioned you need assistance from an onsite homeopath that can do follow up monotoring on your aggravations/amel-progress-etc. As this will take months, perhaps a year to cure.

www.homeopathic.org

directory of homeopaths

GT 

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

(classical Homeopathy Los Angeles,Calif,USA)
hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 07 at 18:15
Thank you GT for that link. I am concerned w/ Mono, but ridding myself of sweaty hands and feet is my main priority.

Another thing to add about me:
I believe I have both general and social anxiety, I tend to to be self-conscious about myself in social situations.  I get a racing heartbeat from something as unimportant as doing a brief introduction of myself in a new class in school.  I am able to hide my symptoms though, for instance during class presentations I have been told I seem very confident, but inside I know I am very anxious.  I know I have the ability to appear confident, but I don't want to act confident but rather be confident.
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 07 at 19:36

Dear HH

Its not a wise idea to suppress sweating.

The skin is a organ of ellimination,sweat  needs to  come out not stay inside. An entire set of problems can be observed by suppressing your sweat.

Have you ever heard of American Indian Sweat lodges? Or Saunas........? Sweating is a release of toxins built up in our system.

If we see patients that DO NOT sweat,we immed wonder "what wrong with that person?" Its NOT normal.........................

Anxiety can be helped via homeopathic meds,but not in the way you are pursueing it right now. A full case taking NEEDS to be done (2 hours aprox) with a trained classical homeopath. After the casetaking is done a remedy that  fits all of your imbalances should come up. This remedy needs to be miasmatically intune with your constitution.

GT

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 07 at 21:29
I understand that I one shouldn't suppress sweating, but my sweating is excessive and happens under no physical distress.  I can be just laying down watching TV and my hands and feet become cold, clammy, and sweaty -which is uncomfortable and embarassing if people are around especially.  Any small amount of physical activity aggrivates the condition much more, i.e. working on a car, or assembling a BBQ grill, making going about daily activities a struggle.

I would rather attempt to get advice here over the net first from all of the knowledgeable Homeopaths to see if I can treat it at home first. 

If there is anything you need to know about me in regards to treating my case please ask.

How much is it typically to see a Homeopath for a full case?

Regards

Edited by hhguy24 - 17 March 07 at 21:32
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 07 at 11:13

Dear HH

Having had mono for some 8 months plus your other symptoms (sweating,anxiety)Indicate there is much more to this problem than a simple quick answer here on line.Normally the first appt. with a classical homeopath takes aprox 2 hours of asking you questions,then another hour or two by the homeopath looking in  the MM and Rept for an answer.  This is time consuming for any homeopath to volunteer here. And not possible to keep up on all your follow-up appts. (every few weeks) Please seek a local homeopath in your state,all homeopaths charge diff. You need to ask them as you make contact ,it can be a few hundred dollars for the first visit.

This is merely a "Discussion forum"........................................Please see rules.

GT

Edited by G Tyler - 18 March 07 at 11:14

Truthfinder View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 07 at 16:39

hhguy,

I just noticed that Snoopy suggested a 6C potency, not a 6x potency as you stated in a subsequent post.

Just thought I'd point that out so you will get the correct potency. 

Tracy

Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 07 at 20:41

Thanks Tracy for pointing that out.  After hearing so much about the other aspects of HHGuy's case, I have to agree with Gina that there's a lot more going on here than just mono.  It's also true that suppressing the sweat could cause more harm than good.  I wish to impress him that unlike doctors, we don't treat issues in isolation; ie, just the sweat or just the anxiety in large groups of strangers, etc.  We would be expecting (or hoping) that one remedy would cover all these things.  The problem is, we don't know what "all these things" are.  If HHGuy could tell us where he is, we would be able to recommend a homeopath to him.

Snoopy

hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 07 at 21:56
Thanks all for your replies.

I started taking the arsenicum 6C so I will tell you how it goes.

I'm reluctant to see a homeopath at the present mainly because of financial reasons.  I just finished college, and as soon as I start making some money I will definitely consider seeing a homeopath, but right now from a financial standpoint it wouldn't be wise.

I am in southern Calif., about an hour east of L.A.

Thanks again to all.

Regards
ww_apurva View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 07 at 03:02

Best of luck hhguy..

Snoopy had asked u where is ur location... From that one query came to my mind.... that whether u r constantly on the move.... Because moving constantly from one place to other makes a person exposed to different environmental conditions....Can cause a indisposition and a continuous indisposition can lead to a miasmatic condition....

If u r constantly travelling places i would suggest u take rest for a while...

Dr. Apurva A. Tamhane -

B.H.M.S., C.C.H., C.G.O., M.D. - Homoeopathic Materia Medica (Part II)

http://www.mediklix.com/
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 07 at 12:58

Dear hh

here is a link to a homeopathic college in your area,you can visit a student clinic for a reduced fee.

310-914-4116 phone

www.AUCM.org

American university of complementary medicine

11543 olympic bl. Los Angeles,ca. 90064

GT

hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 07 at 19:25
Thanks all for your replies.
I will continue on the arsenicum for the rest of the week and see how it goes and I'll post my results.

Is there any homeopathic colleges in or closer to the Inland Empire by any chance?

Regards
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 07 at 20:33

Do post your results with arsenicum.

Snoopy

G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 07 at 10:46

dear hh

see my link from march 17th

or call the school i posted for you they may be abel to help you find something.

gt

hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 07 at 00:12
I definitely will post my results w/ arsenicum

Thanks all

Regards
hhguy24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 07 at 18:24
Results Ars alb:

After 2 weeks of use the sweating really hasn't changed, but it feels like my anxiety has lessened overall.  I thought my hands felt dry when relaxed, but they are always like that.  I knew ars alb hadn't stopped the sweating b/c when I was in an  situation
where I was uncertain of the outcome, I hands and feet were sweating a lot as usual.

Does drinking alcohol effect homeopathic remedies?  over the past 2 weeks I probably went out drinking 4 times, so I do not know if this had an effect on the remedy.

I was reading about remedies and found phosphorus might be a match for me.  What else might I try

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>