Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSexual Exhaustion - Selenium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frank O View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sexual Exhaustion - Selenium
    Posted: 24 Feb. 07 at 18:35

Hi,

I am one of many people suffering from “Sexual Exhaustion”.  It is a concept that exists in Traditional Chinese Medicine.  And from some of the remedies I have found, it looks like homeopathy also recognizes the problem.  There are many remedies that mention “sexual excesses”

There is a forum specifically dedicated to the issue.

http://recover.forumup.org/

There are MANY symptoms….but in a  nutshell… it seems make the body extremely sympathetic and weakens the parasympathetic nervous system.  Adrenal Fatigue and/or high cortisol is also a part of the problem.  Zinc depletionmight be part of the problem.  Finally, neurotransmitter deficiency might also play a role.

As I noted, there are many remedies that list sexual excesses.  However, the (2) remedy profiles that seem to fit my condition the best are Agnus Castus and Selenium.  Selenium seems to fit a little better.  (My legs are emaciated)

http://www.hpathy.com/materiamedica/allenkeynotes/allen-agnu s-castus.asp

http://www.hpathy.com/materiamedica/allenkeynotes/allen-sele nium.asp

My question is related to the statement for Agnus Castus, which reads “Selen. follow well after Agnus in weakness of sexual organs or impotence”

So should I try Agnus Castus first and the Selenium.  Or should I start with Selenium since it is indicated a little better.

I was thinking of taking Selenium 30C twice a day for 3 weeks and then stop to see the results.  Then take Selenium 200C once a day for 3 days and then stop.

Any advice?

Thanks

G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 07 at 18:49

Dear Frank

Self prescribing is not recom. In homeopathy the entire case  needs to be addressed not only ONE SYMPTOM as you have listed. This method is called allopathic prescribing.

The second point is; repeated dosing (as you have indicated in your post) is  dangerous,as you will start a 'proving of the remedy'. Classical homeopathy does not  dispense in such a manner.................one dose,one time...........then wait.

All of this needs constant monotoring by a trained homeopath as the aggravations manifest,remedies/potencies need to be adjusted.

if you want a recom for a classical hom. please ask.

GT

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

(classical Homeopathy Los Angeles,Calif,USA)
Frank O View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 07 at 19:02
Originally posted by G Tyler

Dear Frank

Self prescribing is not recom. In homeopathy the entire case  needs to be addressed not only ONE SYMPTOM as you have listed. This method is called allopathic prescribing.

The second point is; repeated dosing (as you have indicated in your post) is  dangerous,as you will start a 'proving of the remedy'. Classical homeopathy does not  dispense in such a manner.................one dose,one time...........then wait.

All of this needs constant monotoring by a trained homeopath as the aggravations manifest,remedies/potencies need to be adjusted.

if you want a recom for a classical hom. please ask.

GT

Thanks for the very prompt reply.  There are many more symptoms of Selenium that apply to me.  But you are right, it is better to go so someone who is trained. 

I actually was going to a trained homeopath.  She actually did the type of dosing you are talking about.  She described it as taking 30C to prepare the body and then a 200 potency for longer lasting results.  I wasn't happy with the results. 

I would love to have a reccomendation for a classical homeopath.  Can I work with someone over the phone or via email?

Thanks again for your help

Edited by Frank O - 25 Feb. 07 at 05:26
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 07 at 10:40

see your PM box for my recom.

GT

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

(classical Homeopathy Los Angeles,Calif,USA)
drsbahl View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 07 at 08:51
PL read the following , before taking the medicine.

The possible participation of the serotonergic and the noradrenergic systems in the control of the inhibitory state present during sexual satiation was studied from a pharmacological perspective. It was found that the 5-HT1A agonist 8-OH-DPAT and the alpha 2 adrenoceptor antagonist, yohimbine were effective in reversing the sexual inhibition resulting from sexual exhaustion. These findings show that the inhibition present during satiation is reversible and suggest that central mechanisms underlie it. The serotonergic as well as the noradrenergic systems, probably through their 5-HT1A and alpha 2 receptors, respectively, play a role in the establishment of this phenomenon. Additionally, the main features of the development of sexual exhaustion were reviewed. It was found that sexual exhaustion has two different expressions: a major proportion of the exhausted subjects does not copulate and a third part of this population is able to execute one ejaculatory series from which they do not recover. The data are discussed in terms of the motivational and consummatory components of male sexual behaviour.

Pl take YOHIMBINUM ten drops of one percent solution each day once only till you are OK.
sbahl
 Post Reply Post Reply