Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpecifics in homeopathy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Specifics in homeopathy
    Posted: 03 Feb. 07 at 06:19

I remember a case of Hahnemann.He gave strong tincture of Bryonia to a school teacher for her complaint of lack of interest in her daily work, and that lady was cured.

Dr clarke also praised the use of mother tinctures.

You can say this is crude homeopathy, but when the disease is in advance stage and the body cannot tolerate highly potentized medicine or the selection is not 100% similar,mother tinctures and low potencies are most suitable then.After all tictures are 1x and above.

sajjad.

Edited by sajjadakram - 03 Feb. 07 at 06:26
Kayvee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 07 at 20:46

Cephalic Phase of Gastric Secretion

The cephalic phase of gastric acid secretion is elicited by the sight, smell, and taste of food (figure). Cholinergic vagal fibers and fibers from enteric plexuses mediate this phase of gastric secretion through the secretion of ACh. Vagotomy will abolish this response. ACh acts directly on parietal cells to cause release of HCl or may act on G cells in the antrum or duodenum to stimulate the secretion of gastrin, which stimulates parietal cells to secrete HCl.
http://www.lib.mcg.edu/edu/eshuphysio/program/section6/6ch4/ s6ch4_13.htm
Gastric Phase of Gastric Secretion
http://www.lib.mcg.edu/edu/eshuphysio/program/section6/6ch4/ s6ch4_14.htm
The Intestinal Phase of Gastric Secretion
http://www.lib.mcg.edu/edu/eshuphysio/program/section6/6ch4/ s6ch4_15.htm

Nutritional implications of the cephalic-phase reflexes: endocrine responses.

Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA.

Cephalic phase hormonal release occurs through activation of vagal-efferent fibers in response to food-related sensory stimuli. Thus, tasting, chewing and expectorating food elicits hormonal release prior to nutrient absorption. Differential sensitivity of cell types within the islet to neural activation determines the profile and magnitude of hormonal release. While the magnitude of cephalic phase insulin release is relatively small (25% above baseline), pancreatic polypeptide, a hormone almost exclusively under vagal control increases 100% above baseline when individuals taste, chew and expectorate food. Thus, the cephalic phase pancreatic polypeptide response is a sensitive indicator of vagal activation to food stimuli. The physiological significance of the cephalic phase hormonal responses is demonstrated by experimental manipulations which inhibit or bypass cephalic phase insulin release. Under these circumstances, hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia are evident. Conversely, supplementation of insulin during the preabsorptive time period improves glucose tolerance in certain clinical populations. These data suggest that cephalic phase insulin release plays a role in glucose homeostasis. Copyright 2000 Academic Press.

PMID: 10744911 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&a mp;a mp;db=PubMed&list_uids=10744911&dopt=Abstract  

One can try understanding energetic (just be sensation) and material/chemical  (by ingestion) effects from above quotes.

MT, if given in low quantity, can still act energetically by its taste(sensation) not by its ingestion in sufficient quanity alike sugar just tasted (sensed) but not ingested in much quantity. 

In short, mostly,

"Sensation effect of like may cure ingestion effect of like"

Potentization process can just enhance sensation effect.

Edited by Kayvee - 02 Feb. 07 at 22:00
Non-technical & dynamic views, no commitments.
Dynamic & logical thoughts can add & help.
gavinimurthy View Drop Down
The Engineer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 07 at 19:13

Did you select Viscum album after repertorising his case and did it match his symptoms?

Or did you use it, because literature talks about reducing hypertension by use of this medicine? 

I am not against using mother tinctures, but, what I am saying is they are normally selected not for their homeopathicity, but rather because of the clinical findings.

To use a medicine randomly, you don't have to take a full case and no  study is required. You can try Cratageus, if it fails Viscum album, and perhaps Muktavati too. Where is homeopathy in this?

Murthy

Edited by gavinimurthy - 02 Feb. 07 at 19:14
Avoid doing things to others which will make you red when others do it to you.

Mahabharat-Hindu Epic
kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 07 at 09:46
Hello Mr murthy
                            Here is a case of mine for hypertension when cratetegus failed to give the desired result I used Viscum Album Q 6 drops in 50cc of water gently stroking the bottle 100 times . Dosage a teaspoonful with 2 teaspoons of water thrice daily . It worked like a charm till I worked out for a constitutional drug .
The patient recovered with the single medicine and even reduced his allopathic madications to half . He was under my treatment for over an year .

Kamal
The Engineer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 07 at 08:14
Originally posted by Manish Bhatia

Originally posted by gavinimurthy

Using mother tinctures is not homeopathy.

Murthy, I think this sentence needs clarification. Combination of mother tictures, sold as specifics,  are definetly not homeopathic but mother tinctures by themselves are not unhomeopathic. It is the application of a medicine that makes it 'homeopathic' or 'unhomeopathic'.

Dear Dr.B.

If mother tincture of a even a single entity, is working favourably on a person, I believe it is because it is working pathologically, and that is the reason many people get relief from it, atleast temporarily. It is akin to asprin releiving headaches.

I believe any mother tincture used as a specific, is not being used on homeopathic principles. I think homeopathic medicines work on a different plane altogether, and if they are 'energy' medicines, that 'energy' can be imbibed only by the process of potentiation.

even if we confine to 'similia similibus curantar' alone, I think the mother tinctures are  rarely used for the conditions they induced in provings. I feel the use of mother tinctures is basically based on clinical records, rather than on provings.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Murthy    

Mahabharat-Hindu Epic
Kayvee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 22:21

Which out of following fundamental homeopathic principles are followed on use of MT;

1. Law of Similia
  2. Law of Simplex
  3. Law of Minimum
  4. Doctrine of Drug Proving
  5. Theory of Chronic Disease
  6. Theory of Vital Force
  7. Doctrine of Drug-Dynamisation

Whether homeopathy is an energy/stimulation based healing system or also chemical/ defficiency based?

I feel, homeopathis basic considereation is "healing with least adversities", if it is followed its purpose is fulfilled, whether healing substance/technique used is energetic, diluted or concentrated. Other healing practices as diet and excercise, use of supplement and replacement, surgery, measuring and other instruments etc. can be common to all healing system not a property of anyone system. 

What is proved in homeopathic way, can be considered as a single homeopathic remedy, what is not yet proved can't be considered as homeopathic remedy--single or in combination. Right?

Edited by Kayvee - 01 Feb. 07 at 22:37
Non-technical & dynamic views, no commitments.
Dynamic & logical thoughts can add & help.
Manish Bhatia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Just Dr. B!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 21:32
Originally posted by gavinimurthy

Murthy, I think this sentence needs clarification. Combination of mother tictures, sold as specifics,  are definetly not homeopathic but mother tinctures by themselves are not unhomeopathic. It is the application of a medicine that makes it 'homeopathic' or 'unhomeopathic'.
Manish Bhatia, BHMS (India)
www.doctorbhatia.com

My love for homeopathy stems from the results that I see and not just from my belief in its theory.
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 19:27

Dear Diplomat

Scientific ground regards combination remedies? Please explain.

Yes it is an old topic,old discussion so are many on this forum. Its best to look for oneself in the searchbox first .......prior to asking these repeated questions again and again.

GT

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

(classical Homeopathy Los Angeles,Calif,USA)
Diplomat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 14:55

old topic, old discussion, old remarks and old dual standings!  

We can discuss lot of things on this topic but first we have to decide whether you want to discuss on scientific ground or homeopathic ground? If you can decide it then we can also discuss it long.

Diplomat Homeopath
kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 12:04
Yes Tyler , I agree . Thanks ,

Kamal
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 12:01

Dear Kamal

If a homeopath is not sure what to prescribe he is not trained well and needs to  re do his homeopathic studies. The wrong prescription will cause more problems than can be imagined,as i'm sure you well know.

GT

you may feel gratefull that homeopathy survived the attempts of allopaths to destroy it- MARK TWAIN

kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 11:53
I was just mentioning about a severe case of tonsillitis when a physician is not sure which one to prescribe and his initial job is to afford immediate relief . I donot agree at all with combining of four to six medications . Only a single remedy at a time . That is the best .
Kamal
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 11:46

Dear Kamal

Question for you: Lets say you give a combination remedy  for RA symptoms that has 5-6 different remedies different potencies. If there is an amel (not likely) lets say just for this post,if there is,how will you know WHAT REMEDY HAS WORKED within the scope of 5-6 different ones? How do you know the symptoms have not been suppressed?............Palliated?...............now entire case is confused........worse off than before the combination remedy. There is No justifications behind this type of prescribing.

GT

kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 07 at 08:08

Originally posted by Carole Franske

My take on using a combination of homeopathic remedies or a combination of herbs is like, give it all because you really don't know your patient or your medicines, you don't know what medicine to use so put a little of everything in, one of them might be right.  Not real herbalism or homeopathy.  It is like an allopathic doctor that gives a full spectrum antibiotic to cover all bases as they are too lazy to find out what the needed medicine is..  Often these combinations have components that cancel each other out or are inimical or antidote each other.

You are absolutely correct . Some practitioners use it intially if they are not sure which one to prscribe but once the drug is identified they go on to a single medicine . Tonsioten tabs by Willmar Schwabe is one example when a doctor is not certain about Merc / Belladonna but when the symptoms are clear get back to only one of them .

Regards ,
Kamal

Carole Franske View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Always Young

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 07 at 19:57
My take on using a combination of homeopathic remedies or a combination of herbs is like, give it all because you really don't know your patient or your medicines, you don't know what medicine to use so put a little of everything in, one of them might be right.  Not real herbalism or homeopathy.  It is like an allopathic doctor that gives a full spectrum antibiotic to cover all bases as they are too lazy to find out what the needed medicine is..  Often these combinations have components that cancel each other out or are inimical or antidote each other.
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 07 at 19:31

Work hard------The only solution.And keep in mind that every disease and ever disease stage is not curable in homeopathy. You can see heroic cure of every disease on net and different forums.This is all propaganda to attract the patients.Documented case are reliable only.

The permanent cure is  possible with single remedy at time,minimum dose and similar remedy in potentized form.Mother tinctures are also helpful when drainage is required or to strengthen the particular organ when necessary according to some homeopath but real homeopathy is as explained above.

sajjad. 

Edited by sajjadakram - 30 Jan. 07 at 19:50
kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 07 at 12:13
I do agree on this fully . In my practice I always prescribed one medicine , didnot even conside alternating complementary medicines in a few cases . The modern trend has changed , what to do ?

Kamal
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 07 at 12:04

Dear Kamal

These types of "Homeopaths" are doing a  disgrace to homeopathy.

The shortcut methods of this type of prescribing brings NO results longterm,what's more important is they are causing  dangerous suppressions.

You can believe what you like Kamal,but classical homeopathy stand  it's time via the results in case reviews. Long term follow up must be standard in chronic casework,this can only be done via deep acting miasmatic constitutional remedies.

GT

kamal View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 07 at 11:24
Agreed Mr Murthy . What do you say about combination of 4to5 drugs and making a formula as a specific for certain disorders . Dr Madaus of germany had about 40 such specifics once upon a time . Willmar Schwabe too has few on the market not to talk of Indian products on the market .

I know this is not homeopathy but the masses who are on to these products they say this is the real homeopathy . A reputed doctor in chennai combines 3to4 medicines to treat . When I asked him he told me as long as a patient is recovering he doesn't bother , this is modern homeopathy according to him .

Kamal
The Engineer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 07 at 10:10

As such people who have allopathic bend of mind might use them as specifics for certain problems.

They might be useful for some conditions, and may give better results and lesser side effects than allopathic medicines, particularly for cases where the hope of real cure is limited.

Murthy

Mahabharat-Hindu Epic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>