Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy Cat is Crying/She is Suddenly Sick-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Felines View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Cat is Crying/She is Suddenly Sick-
    Posted: 06 Nov. 06 at 15:19

Hello:

My cat woke up this morning just fine - she ate her food and about an hour or two later had disappeared - she was huddled under the bed.

She has been crying all day - she will not eat - when you touch her she cries - she went into one of her beds and slept for the afternoon but when she woke up she climbed out slowly, as if very weak, she cried and went below the bed where she has been crouched for the last two hours.

The only thing that was different today was that I included in her food a half dropper of Dream Coat - it is an oil supplement from Halo for her coat which has been lackluster for some time.  I had been giving her Derma Caps in the dropper as a liquid for several weeks now, in her mouth, with no problem.

The only thing I can think of was the addition of the Dream Coat today.

I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow at 12:30 but I am so scared and so concerned - she really has never been really sick.  What could it be?

Is there anything i can do for her homeopathically or other natural treatment until tomorrow?  How serious could this be??  I am so upset - please, someone respond.

Respect Mother Earth and ALL Her Children
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 05:27

Hello Felines,

Please check on the internet the possible side effects of any non-homeopathic (!)supplements you give.

If you give the brand Derma-Cap, then check the side effects of Zinc pyrithione, which is present in Derma-Cap.  Zinc pyrithione shouldn`t be given by mouth but on the skin, but perhaps you mean different caps ??? 

Wim

Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 09:14

Dear William:

Thank you for your reply - she was under the bed for the entire night - I did give her a fresh dish of canned food (the best on the market) and she anxiously ate some - she was hungry but did not finish it.  During the night at some point she left from being under the bed and went to the blanket on the sofa and slept there till this morning.

Well, she was much better this morning - more normal - climbed up on her perch in the window and ate a good amount of food.  But, oddly enough after eating she went back under the bed and when I kneeled down and reached out to her she just cried and went in further.  Well, now, about an hour later she came out again.  I am taking her to the vet today to be safe.

I have copied the ingrediants from the Derm Caps Liquid below:

Small Animal Dietary Supplement
Concentrated Fatty Acid Dietary Supplement
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein, not less than 7%
Crude Fat, not less than 90%
Crude Fiber, not more than 1%
Moisture, not more than 2%
Nutritional Information (at 1.0 mL):
Vitamin E 46 IU
Linoleic Acid (LA) 52.0%
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) 4.0%
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 8.0%
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 6.0%
Ingredients: Fish oil, safflower oil, borage seed oil,
dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E).
Indications: A concentrated fatty acid dietary supplement for dogs and
cats. Extra strength for medium and large breeds.

Actually my homeopathic vet in Florida recommended I give this liquid but I have been giving it in the mouth because if you put anything in their food they don't eat it.

Can I ask you, what do you recommend as a good supplement for cats?

Thank you for your kindness - will let you know the results of the vet's visit - she is acting kind of strange still but more alert than yesterday. 

Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 11:54

Dear Wiliam:

We just returned from the vet - Dimitra had some compacted ana glands which were cleaned out - I will have to get some petromalt or laxative product.

She was otherwise OK in her exam - we will have the blood work back on Thursday but in the meantime the vet (who was very thorough) noticed that a lot of her issues are emotional - she is very stressed - we moved here from a large home a year and a half ago and she has been miserably depressed since then.  She is also frequently "bullied" by my other kitty who is very possessive of me, jealous and just very demonstrative and very needy in her need for affectiona nd attention.  God knows she gets most of it while poor Dimitra, who is so shy, introverted and skiddish and afraid of Artemis, does not get as much attention because she stays off to herself.

So, William, I was told to ask you what homeopathic remedy should I give poor Dimitra for her stress and anxiety - something to ease her nerves and give her stregth.  I have quite a lot of different Boiron remedies on hand ...

Very much appreciated you help, very much!  When I get the bloodwork back I will let you know the results.  Today, however, she is more herself.  I think it was the Dream Coat oils which I gave her yesterday which made her sick - I will not give that to her again - they are just very strong essential oils but they may have made her sick.

Thank you ever so much - smooches from my two little girls, Dimitra and Artemis.

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 13:01

Hello Niki,

Give Artemis (to reduce her jealousy etc. towards Dimitra) :  Hyoscyamus 30c, one daily dose until improvement and repeat if necessary.Also give, if possible, Vine (bach flower remedy) till improvement.

In case these 2 remedies act insufficiently give Artemis : Platina 30c

Give Dimitra : Aconite 30c, one daily dose for a few days till improvement and, if possible, also give Mimulus (Bach flower remedy) for a few days till improvement.

Wim 

Edited by William - 07 Nov. 06 at 13:13
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 13:07

Niki......as for supplements.....please see :

http://www.bright.net/~zimm1/whysupp/

Wim

Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 13:16

Hello:  Just to remind you, Artemis, is the kitty who was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and has the constant licking and scratching problem.

You had recommended the sulphur for her for that which I have been giving her since last week - so, I just wanted to remind you that yes, it is Artemis who is the jealous and possessive little tubby who really is a very intelligent and unique personality - I have had cats all my life and I love them all - but sometimes, there is one that is so connective in their personality the only thing they cannot do is speak in your language.

But, poor Dimitra really, really needs to be stress free and HAPPY once more - I am moving from here and going into a large home which is what we all want -..

Thank you so much for your help.  Blessings

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 14:12
OK.....I see....good luck with the treatments !.....W.
Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 14:30

So Sorrry to bother you - one last question ..

I am putting together an order for the remedies you suggested.

Is the Platina the same thing as "Platinum Metallicum"??  Boiron has that but no Platina - ... she said she thinks it's the same.

\Thank you

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 06 at 14:48
Yes Niki.....they are the same .....W.
mirjam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 02:27

Hi Niki,

You could try (together with the homeopathic remedies) these Bach Flower remdies for your cats.

Dimitri: Walnut, Honeysuckle, olive and Centaury.

Artemedis: Crabapple, Olive and Beech.

When you move again give both cats : Walnut,Stat of Bethlehem and Honeysuckle.

I don't know if your familiar with bach flower remedies. but if you buy the stockbottles than buy a 30 ml empty bottle with a pipette, fill this with non gas mineral water and put 4 drops of each remedy in the bottle, shake this well, and give the cat minimum of 4x daily 4 drops (on a bit of food ) best is the first week 6x daily. You also can put the drops (pure from the stockbottle) in her drinking tray, than you put 4 drops of each remedy in the water (it doesn't matter if the other cat drinks from it) Only this is an expensive way of administrating. When the bottle you made is finished I would like to hear the result. Also if you see any changes or other things comming up, let me hear.

Mirjam

Bachflower practitioner BFRP
www.bachbloesemremedie.nl
Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 08:56

Oh Mirjam:

Thank you so very much - what a wonderful site this is - caring people who care for animals and also are willing to help eachother with remedies for our problems.

I follow alternative medicine so am very familiar with the Bach Flower Remedies - I only use Bach and Boiron - could companies with quality.

I will try your remedies - I might even have a couple on hand. 

Dimitra seems to be fine now - we will have the results of her blood work tomorrow - but, I am sure that it was that Dream Coat oil I gave her.  My main concern right now is with Artemis (goddess of the wilderness, the hunt and wild animals, and fertility)... a little background history

She is going crazy licking, licking and licking her paws, pads and inbetween her toes.  Then there's the scratching of the head and ears.  I don't know what to do - I tried the sulphur that William suggested and for a while after giving it it helps but then it starts again.

Any suggestions for this - it is really making me crazy to see her suffer so much.  I have tried remedies on the market but nothing works.

Also, what do you suggest for constipation other than those petroleum gels?

Thank you so much for your help - it is much appreciated.

mirjam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 10:39

Hi Felines,

You mentioned you are just moved house. Could there be someting in the house she is allergic to? Maybe the carpets , new sofa ? If it started after any changes in the house this is something you can look into. If it is an allergic reaction Wim can give you some more advice.

The crabapple is a bach remedy that sometimes can help with skin disorders, so is the Beech, this for intllerance to the other cat but also for intollerance that shows itself in allergic reactions.

Sorry for my English, speaking is easier than writing

good luck and keep us posted.

Mirjam

Bachflower practitioner BFRP
www.bachbloesemremedie.nl
Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 10:45

Thank you again, Mirham.  You're English is just fine.

Yes, this is not our home - we came here temporarily and we have not been well since being here - so, I am hoping to move out and be in a place of our own, fresh and clean, in December.

Everyone has been miserable since being here - and they do have very cheap carpeting on the floors, etc.  I vacuum every day and try everything to keep the atmosphere clean but we are all affected by something here. 

The scratching and constant licking for poor Artemis did not start until we came here - there was nothing wrong with any of my kitties before we came here.  All three were normal and happy - one, my sweet Daphne, has died already.

So, I think it is allergies - should I use then, the crabapple.  I did try the sulphur that Mr. William suggested but it did not do the trick, as we say.  If he can further recommend something else I would be so grateful so that her suffering can stop.

Be well - good health to you.

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 13:32

Felines.... I see you intend to give more (Bach) flower remedies than the ones I mentioned in my prescription.....this may confuse the case....too many remedies is never advisable !

The  cause(s) for the allergy may disappear after you`ve moved house !

Wim

Felines View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 14:11

Dear Mr. William:

Oh no, I am still using your prescription, i.e. sulphur pellets 30C and I have ordered the Bach Flower remedies you suggested and the Platina and Hyoscyamus 30c.  They will not arrive for another few days.

However, is the Vine Bach Flower remedy you suggested for Artemis for the licking or for her jealousy towards Dimitra.?  Or, is it good for both issues?

Of course, you are correct.  I don't intend to give a million remedies because that does no good - I am sticking to your prescription until I can see if there are any results.  But, it is always good to read other suggestions - it gives you some knowledge.

I happen to have some Vine Bach Flower remedy in my chest of remedies - how much should I give to artemis?  I will start now and, should i continue with the Sulphur?

Thank you so much for your time - this is how we learn, through experience and sharing.  Much appreciated.

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 06 at 14:46

Vine bach flower remedy is a useful remedy to curb any (jealous) aggression in cats.

You can put 4-5 drops in a decreased amount of drinking water or give 3-4 drops in a teaspoonful of water, or in a little water in a dropper, or put the drops in a little water in a plastic syringe without a needle to squirt into mouth.

If your companion suffers from an allergy you should see a vet. hom. or hom. vet, because this can`t be properly treated online and a full case history should be taken to find the correct remedy/remedies. Also this vet. hom. has to see, feel, smell etc. the animal. If the Sulphur has no effect you can stop giving it.

Wim

Edited by William - 08 Nov. 06 at 14:47
 Post Reply Post Reply