Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is the Mental picture of Capsicum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rajivprasad View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the Mental picture of Capsicum
    Posted: 11 Aug. 06 at 12:51
I am treating a patient for hyperacidity and constipation.But he has failed to respond to Arsenic Alb even though he has the characteristic burning pains, thirst and worse cold weather symptoms.Homesickness is one of the characteristic features of his nature and hence i am thinking of suggesting Capsicum 30, a few doses to him.But, the mental picture that i have seen from most of the materia medicas is of a sentimental and sensitive person.But this person is quite obstinate and presents a tough face to the world.

I was wondering if someone could give me a more elaborate mental picture of this remedy.

Thanks in advance.

Rajiv    
Let us love each other as we love our family.Let the divine spark glow in us brightly.
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 06 at 10:31

capsicum mentals

change of environment

suppression of everything

clumsy

anger

obstinate

intollerant of opposition

spitefull

homesick

peevish

wants to be left alone

discontent with things

Gina Tyler

Edited by G Tyler - 18 Aug. 06 at 10:33

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 06 at 11:39
Dear Gina,

Thanks for the post.I was wondering if no one has any interest in this case.By the way the person concerned has taken a split dose of Capsicum 30 on 13th of this month, was constipated on 14th(didn't pass stool the whole day, not usual for him.Perhaps the initial aggravation). From next day his symptoms have started to improve.Constipation is better and hyperacidity is less.It is nice to know that Capsicum can be obstinate,peevish, spiteful etc.

Thanks again.

Rajiv
Let us love each other as we love our family.Let the divine spark glow in us brightly.
G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 06 at 21:28

Dear Rajiv

you are welcome

Be aware that cal carb also has

obstinate,peevish,spitefull,constipation,hyperacidity.

Gina Tyler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 06 at 00:15
Dear Gina,

Yeah.I will be careful.But you know, in this case the homesickness was such a strong symptom.This guy spends Rs.3000 plus on just making phone calls to his home every month.This is a huge amount for a middle class bloke studying at a management institute in India.But, i had a perception of Capsicum as sweet, emotional and sensitive people who have a Calcarea Carb type physical constitution.But this guy's being very stubborn and obstinate had caused doubt.

Thanks for your help again.

Rajiv
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 06 at 04:55

Capsicum (Red Pepper) was first proved by Dr. Hahnemann himself and he said : The diseases curable by Capsicum are rarely met with in persons of tender fibre (Mat.Med.Pura). He recommends the 9th dilution.

As for the homesickness...this can be a very strong keynote to prescribe Capsicum on, which we can read in homeopathic literature, e.g. we can read  that the well known Dr. Clarke completely cured an Australian girl with Caps. 30. She was a girl with a florid complexion who had come to London to study and who was quite incapacitated by homesickness (!)

Capsicum is usually prescribed in the 30th or lower, but is sometimes also prescribed in the 200th or even in mother tincture. Some prescribers say it shouldn`t be used  below the 6x potency though !

Sometimes the mother tincture is used (mixed in equal parts with glycerine) as a very good liniment for external use in cases of neuralgia or rheumatism. 

Clinical/Drug picture : Phlegmatic diathesis, lack of reactive vital force, esp. in obese people, easily exhausted, indolent, dreads any kind of exercise, inclined to be jovial but yet angry at trifles, desires to be alone, wants to lie down and sleep most of the time, may have burning and smarting sensation as from cayenne pepper in the throat and other parts which is not increased by heat, tonsillitis with burning, smarting pain, intense soreness, constriction of the throat with burning, inflamed, dark red-swollen, burning spasmodic constriction which is worse between deglutition (swallowing), sometimes painful swelling behind the ears in the mastoid region (Mastoiditus and Tonsillitus are sometimes cured by Caps. !).

Modalities : Worse : Open air, uncovering, draughts. Better : While eating and from heat.

Cina follows Caps. well in intermittent fevers.

These are just a few additions, since there`s still a lot more to tell about this remedy !

Wim

Edited by William - 20 Aug. 06 at 05:00

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 06 at 23:36
Dear Wim,

Thank you so much.I received your PM and would eagerly look forward to interacting with you on the different homeopathy forums and via email.I hope to learn so much from you.

By the way, that person is now feeling much better after having taken the split dose of Capsicum 30 on 13th.

With warm regards.

Rajiv
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 06 at 00:50

Hi Rajiv,

I`ve just posted some important differences between Arnica or Bellis perennis on Case Disc. forum. Good to hear your patient is doing better now ! For hyperacidity/gastro-enteritis etc. also study Bismuthum oxidum (hydrated oxide of bismuth). But please bear in mind that Capsicum, Calc. carb. and Nux vomica are antidotes to this remedy !

Bismuthum ox. also has restlessness.....patient sits , then walks, then lies down, never rests too long in one place etc.

Edited by William - 21 Aug. 06 at 00:57
lifesstudent View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 06 at 08:07

Dear Wim

Wonderful, Pl carry on the good work. By the by I wanted to know your openion on this. Someone said that Homeopathy was not so effective on malaria fever. She said that Dr Anjaneulu (my ealier mentor) also struggled with these  cases in early days of his practice (in 50's)

I followed the discussion between Jacob and Gina on the other Health.com. Do you (being an allopath and also a homeopath) really feel that allopathy is more effective than Homeopathy in malaria.

Regards,

Rajendra.

Rajendra Kumar.T., M.Com., AICWAI, Black Belt(Karate)
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 06 at 09:18

Hello Rajendra,

Neither allopathic medicine nor homeopathic medicine will provide 100 % protection against malaria. Allopathic/Conventional medicines are said to give about 80- 85% protection (but some of these medicines can`t be taken during pregnancy !) One should also bear in mind that these allopathic medicines, after having left the risky areas, should be continued for 4-8 weeks ! Therefore even when conventional medicines are taken, it is strongly advised to take homeopathic remedies along with the conventional medicines.  The homeopathic remedies (Malaria off. 30 + Cinchona/China, preferably in low potency, should be started 2 weeks before leaving and continued till 6 weeks after leaving the malaria areas.

Wim

William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 06 at 10:12

Continuation for Rajendra :

As for the treatment of actual patients suffering from malaria it would take very long posts to explain it all, but I`ll try to mention a few important points.

First of all we should distinguish between the malignant and benign form of malaria.

The benign form is caused by 3 different kinds of protozoa-parasites, viz. Plasmodium vivax, - ovale and - malariae.

The malignant form is caused by the Plasmodium falciparum and is usually life-threatening and will present a serious medical emergency !

Even mixed malaria infections of the malignant + the benign forms are possible, which present complex symptom pictures.

In all cases of suspected malaria an experienced allopathic professional should be consulted !  Always !!!  Treatment should always be started a.s.a.p. even if the confirmative laboratory test results are not yet known !

Depending on the stage of the condition (viz. the cold, hot, perspiration stage etc.) different homeopathic remedies can be given. Remedies such as Nux vomica, Ars. album and Pulsatilla in the 6c potency (second choice is the 30c) should be given alternately using a certain protocol. 

For example : In the cold stage of an attack with shivering you need to give alternately each half hour  Nux vom., Ars., Puls., Nux vom., Puls..... etc.

In case of a malaria attack without serious complications we can choose, depending on the presenting individual symptoms, from the following list of 6c remedies : Eupatorium perf., Gelsemium, Rhus tox., Apis mel., Chininum sulph., Ipecac.

For cerebral malaria sometimes SD of Natrium mur. 200c is necessary to clarify the case and other remedies to consider for cerebral malaria are : Opium, Belladonna, Stramonium and Hyoscyamus.

For Malaria algidia other remedies, to be given every 10-15 minutes, can be considered (e.g. Veratrum album, Carbo veg., Camphora, Ars. alb.).

For treatment in cases of remission different homeopathic protocols are possible.  

Sometimes Malaria fever is diagnostically confused with Katayama fever, but a blood test will simply tell which infection the patient is suffering from. 

Wim

lifesstudent View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 06 at 21:26

Sir,

Thankyou. Your reply is elaborate and comprehensive(as always) and also adressed( cleared) my doubt.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajendra

Edited by lifesstudent - 22 Aug. 06 at 00:37
Rajendra Kumar.T., M.Com., AICWAI, Black Belt(Karate)
William View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 06 at 00:04

My pleasure !....

Wim

Post Reply Post Reply