Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRemedy to counteract exposure to xray?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ameet View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remedy to counteract exposure to xray?
    Posted: 23 March 06 at 18:27
This is my first post, from an enthusiastic consumer of homeopathy.

Is any remedy indicated for counteracting being exposed to xrays, e.g., from a dental exam or a mammogram?

I did a search on the site but didn't find any advice.

Thanks in advance,
Ameet.
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 06 at 21:09

Dear Ameet,

If there are no symptoms, then there is nothing to treat.  Do you have any symptoms from being X-rayed?

Snoopy

ameet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 06 at 05:53
No, I was thinking though how xrays can progressively damage tissues and wondered if homeopathy can be used as a preventative.

Kind of like I've heard it being helpful when kids get vaccinations.

BUT -- I get your point.  In the cases of vaccinations, the child is being treated homeopathically for *reactions* to the vaccine.  No reaction = no treatment needed, is that right?

This came up because my wife is scheduled for a mammogram today.  I never thought about the xray exposure before but as I am reading more and more about holistic medicine all the intrusive allopathic stuff is making me nervous.

Ameet
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 06 at 22:02

did you know that mammograms increase your risk of breast cancer?  yes, the radiation is very bad for the breast, but so is the mashing/ compression of that ridiculous machine!  no wonder you're concerned. 

Snoopy

G Tyler View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 06 at 23:53

Dear Ameet

Yes agreed with snoopy,here is more info regards the dangers of getting a mammogram most people don't know.

www.Mercola.com  (go to search box type; mammogram)

www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com  (searchbox type; mammogram)

Its the same issue as getting the vaccines,many ask what to take 'after' the vaccines ,my point is do your homework 'before' vaccines are considered,it might be too late once the shots are given,many dont realize how toxic vaccines are,and parents get manipulated into thinking there is no adverse effects.

Gina Tyler

fitness1st View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 06 at 02:09

Ameet,

Listen to both sides (pros & cons) and then decide what you need to do.

Probably, mamograms increase the risk of cancer but would not going for it and  missing an early warning outweigh the risks?

Holistic is good but use your head also on what real life consists of. Had homeopathy gotten all the answers, you wouldn't see AIDS, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Cystic Fibrosis still around.

I fully support integrative medicine, so know the limits of all before making a decision.

Don't take life too seriously, it ain't permanent:)
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 06 at 11:16

As proven by a September 2000 publication, based on a unique large-scale screening study by University of Toronto epidemiologists, monthly breast self-examination (BSE) following brief training, coupled with annual clinical breast examination (CBE) by a trained health care professional, is at least as effective as mammography in detecting early tumors, and also safe.

Copied from googled article.  Emphasis in the original.

Snoopy

ameet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 06 at 14:47
Originally posted by fitness1st

Ameet,

Listen to both sides (pros & cons) and then decide what you need to do.

Probably, mamograms increase the risk of cancer but would not going for it and  missing an early warning outweigh the risks?

Holistic is good but use your head also on what real life consists of. Had homeopathy gotten all the answers, you wouldn't see AIDS, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Cystic Fibrosis still around.

I fully support integrative medicine, so know the limits of all before making a decision.

OK, that makes a lot of sense.  I will also pass on the info on dangers of mammograms to my wife so we can discuss how she wants to handle next year's dilemma.  However -- she already had it done for this year!  Any homeopathic suggestions for after-the-fact situations?

Thanks,
Ameet
Snoopy View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Shana’s Mom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 06 at 17:01

They say give Bellis Perennis for injury to the breast.  Certainly the massive compression they do must be an injury of sorts. 

I'm not sure what kind of rays are used in mammography.  I don't know if X-ray would be an exact antidote, and again, it's not clear that anything actually needs to be antidoted, so, it's really hard to say.

Snoopy

Flonky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 06 at 14:55
Hello,
Your wife could take the isotherapy remedy called 'X Ray', as mammography uses x-rays indeed. Why wait for symptoms when this could easily lead to functional and/or energetical unbalances (on the spleen)?! X-Ray is the most appropriate remedy.
 Post Reply Post Reply