Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcanine atopic dermatitis - help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
captah View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: canine atopic dermatitis - help
    Posted: 15 Jan. 05 at 04:08

Hi Fiona

Thanks appreciate yr help, but I did it on the advice of the Homeopathic doctor and also after getting the OK from Edward (see my post of 7th Jan 05)

Anyway - will stop it immdly and revert to the benzoyl peroxide shampoo.

Have to do something - Cleo is really in agony, she is bleeding quite a lot and has numerous open wounds from scratching; so much so now that when she flaps her ears or shakes her body, blood is splashed all round

am really at my wits end about what to do

rgds / ajay     

Captah
Edifying Fiona View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 05 at 04:31

Bensoyl peroxide is sometimes great for skin problems however, it can exacerbate pre-exisiting conditions causing swelling, scaling, dryness, itching, burning, tingling, irritation, redness or peeling. It must be kept in the fridge or at least below 25 celsius and kept away from eyes, lips, nose, mouth and sensitive areas of the neck.

I'd stick with plain calendula cream (the liquid tincture can sting as my son was testify to!) and maybe try chickweed cream/gel (this works well with children when they have itchy chicken pox spots) to at least ameloriate Cleo's distress until the correct homeo remedy is found.

I'll go ask Wim for you ok?

Fiona

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost 1874 – 1963)
captah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 05 at 04:43

Thanks a lot Fiona

we were using this benzoyl peroxide shampoo before the hpathy treatment which Wim started and it had alleviated her itching to some extent though may be temporarily

Problem with calendula cream ( I have it) is that it seems to attract insects and I am worried that it may also attract fleas / flies and lead to maggots

until I get something fresh from somebody ( wish Wim would advise) plan to rub her with the calendula cream tonite and then wash her tom with the benzoyl peroxide shampoo so that in the daytime the insects stay away

trust this OK ???

rgds / Ajay

Captah
Edifying Fiona View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 05 at 05:11

I cannot imagine why the calendula would attract insects even if it is old. Is it mixed with anything else that may act as an attractant (read the small print on the jar/container/tube)?

I have used calendula ointment for over 40 yrs and have never heard of or seen a case where it attracted insects.

One calendula preparation that I know of contains the following:

Calendula Flower Extract, Virgin Oils (Almond, Apricot, Avocado, Olive organic), Beeswax, Lanolin, Aloe Vera, Benzoin Tincture, Jojoba, Essential Oils (Lemongrass, Palmarosa), Australian Bushflower Essences (Alpine Mint Bush, Billy Goat Plum, Five Corners, Fringed Violet). These ingredients probably would, to an insect, smell like the perfume Chanel no. 5 does to a woman!

I have contacted Wim and am awaiting a reply so don't fret ok? Although, the problem is, that here in Australia it is 11pm and is way past my bedtime but is morning for Wim but I will wait a little longer to see if he replies. If not, I'll let you know in the morning (my AEST!).

What is the time where you are?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost 1874 – 1963)
captah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 05 at 20:25

Hi Fiona

Thanks for all yr help - pls keep it up and dont hesitate to tell me where I am going wrong. Have checked on the Arnica and YOU ARE ABS RIGHT - NEVER ON OPEN WOUNDS but then with my ignorance of hpathy, I just did what I was advised.....

have sent you a PM, pls have a look

I have seen the flies settling on the calendula ointment (this is a mix of Calendula (read phi) 10% + zinc oxide 1x 15% + Boric Acid 1x 8% in a soothing cream base with alcohol content less than 4% v/w). i intend now to use it intermittently with calendula tincture

rgds / Ajay

NB : The time here is now 0950 (diff between India and GMt is 0530 hrs, we are ahead) 

Captah
edebeukelaer View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

The Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 05 at 10:16

Hi Ajay,

Sorry I haven't been present for the last two days. In a severe cas of skin disease like this my experience is that you can't make a very big difference in the end outcome with local applications unless you hit the one herbal remedy to which the patient is particularly sensitive (... homeopathically...). Local treatment is there to make life comfortable for the patient until a real solution is found.

You said she is better since the sarsaparilla. How much better and in what ways. The improvement could be due to to stopping of the phosphorus as well!

Can you explain me more why she goes under the sofa's etc. Do you tell her off when she is scratching, do you interfere in any other way in her scratching behaviour? Or is this a very peculiar thing she is doing for no obvious reason?

Waiting your reply.

Edward

edward
homeopathy for the patient behind the symptoms.
edward@debeukelaer.fslife.co.uk
captah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 05 at 19:25

Hi Edward

Thanks for yr post and sorry for the delayed response but my internet connection was giving trouble for the last day or so

Cleo was in a pretty bad shape and running a fever as well since yr last post on 11 Jan so I needed to do something quick. Maybe the Arnica created havoc with her...???

I managed to find Wim thru friends and have persuaded him to resume treatment which he has kindly agreed to

I really appreciate what you have done so far but I trust you wont mind as the common aim is to get her well....

rgds / Ajay

Captah
edebeukelaer View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

The Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 05 at 14:17

Hi Ajay,

Communication has been difficult over the last few days. Will you let me know how you are getting on?

Edward

edward
homeopathy for the patient behind the symptoms.
edward@debeukelaer.fslife.co.uk
TESS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 05 at 18:57

Captah

Can you tell me how you are progressing with your dog? I have been quietly following this for a month now. I am a vet who sees a lot of atopic dogs, but havn't got a clue about homeopathy. So, I was using your dog as a test case like...

Tess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345