Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow do I treat catís cystitis?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
androo3877 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I treat catís cystitis?
    Posted: 27†Sept.†04 at 06:08

I know there's a post about this, but it's confused me. Perhaps my cat's situation is different.

Eighteen months ago Hugo (male, about 5 years old) had a severe bout of cystitis. It was a bad time, but to cut a long story short, he had to have a perineal urethrostomy.

Every so often he shows the symptoms again: not feeling well, urinating without warning (he's normally very fastidious) and inside the house. I've had antibiotics once or twice, but sometime he seems to get over it himself in a day.

But he seems to be doing quite a few puddles at the moment.

I don't want to drag him off to the vet every time I think he might have a problem. Is there something I can give him if I suspect he might be heading for a bout of cystitis?

Thanks

Edited by androo3877
William Pardaan View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Sept.†04 at 08:58

Hello Androo, `

Unfortunately some cats have to undergo this painful surgery because of recurrent obstructions. This surgery is rather brutal, but may be necessary in some cases. The urethral opening of your cat is now enlarged and the narrow bottleneck portion of the urethra has been surgically removed and because of that the urine can now flow far more easily through this new, wide opening. It`s unlikely now that your cat will develop further urinary tract obstructions after this operation. I think that he is still suffering from the after effects of this surgery, rather than having recurrent cystitis problems. Difficult to tell exactly though.

Usually Staphysagria 30c or Thuja 30c is prescribed after an insult to the body such as this kind of surgery.

Right now I would advise:   Arnica 30c, 3 times daily for 2 weeks and see what happens. Repeat if necessary.  Arnica may still solve this problem, even when the surgery took place some time ago.

One dose is 1 tablet or 2-3 coarse pellets to be given DRY in mouth !

Don`t touch the tablets/pellets with your hands, but pour them from the bottle etc. into the cap to administer them.  

If the Arnica doesn`t solve the problem try Thuja 30c for the same period with the same dosing.

Good luck and keep us posted !   Wim.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Sept.†04 at 00:04
Thanks Wim. I'll hve a go. Can I not put the pillule on his food? Getting things in his mouth is not easy! I know.
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Sept.†04 at 00:28
Hello Androo, The best way to do this is without any food, only if it`s a real fight or struggle then you could try to give them in some food, e.g.in a little uncooked minced meat.  If a cat scratches etc. you cold wrap him in a towel first !    Wim.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Sept.†04 at 04:04
Righto. He won't scratch or bite me, no matter what I do to him, but he can clamp his jaws shut so tightly you'd think he was connected to industrial machinery somehow... And then there's the spitting out round the back of the furniture. Typical cat in other words!

Thanks.
sreischman View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Siamillimum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Sept.†04 at 04:56
Even with his jaws clamped, you can put it into the side of his cheek.  It just has to touch for it to work.  He doesn't have to swallow it like allopathic meds.
Shirley Reischman
Professional Homeopath
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†Sept.†04 at 07:15
And you are ever so strong, you know !   W. 
 Post Reply Post Reply