Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPotency for Osteomyelitis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Organicman View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potency for Osteomyelitis
    Posted: 23 March 12 at 16:15
Greetings everyone

I have a question about remedy potency.

I have two llamas that have developed osteomyelitis in the lower jaw.  Since there are few other symptoms to go on, I have selected phosphorous as the most likely remedy. (weather changes seem to make a difference to how they feel)

My question is, a while ago, I read something (by George Vitoulkas I believe) about the need to get the potency right first time with osteomyelitis;  If the potency is too low, it can cause cause complications.

Is anyone able to confirm this information, since I am unable to find where I read it?  If this is correct, should I be looking at 200c or above, to rebalance the bone formation?
People may not remember what you did for them, or even what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 12 at 04:43
An
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 12 at 04:43
Animals do not need such high potencies as humans. C9-C30 should be enough.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 12 at 20:18
Originally posted by scarface

Animals do not need such high potencies as humans. C9-C30 should be enough.

Thank you for your reply.  I settled on 30C in the end.  Unfortunately, things were looking very serious for one of the llamas, so we took both the osteomyelitis cases to the vet, along with another llama who needed surgery to remove a stray piece of bone from his jaw.

Thirty six hours after an IV of sodium iodide, one of the llamas died from toxicosis from the IV and the other became seriously ill and only just pulled back from the edge of his own mortal coil.  I don't blame the vet; he was doing the best he knew how.  I choose to learn well from this situation though and no matter how serious the illness, intend to stick with the pharmacy that I can trust - homeopathy.

The reason I give this information here is to help others.  I read an interesting note in Boericke that PHOS is useful in dealing the 'ill effects of iodine.'  Two doses of PHOS 30C has produced some remarkable changes in the sick llama and even opened an abscess on the swollen jaw.

He has since had a single dose of SIL to help keep the abscess flowing.  I did not expect to see an abscess develop from the hugely enlarged lower jaw, but I am always astounded by Hahnemanns magic wand.

On the subject of PHOS, I have another question.  PHOS was a remedy I selected for a seriously ill cat a year or so ago.  The cat exhibited a crazy thirst, which was one of the clues to selecting the remedy.  Likewise the llama exhibited the same frantic thirst, sipping at every single puddle and examining every bucket or bowl trying to find water, everywhere, but at the designated watering trough.  Upon receiving PHOS, both animals stopped the frantic search for water, BUT they would only drink from a specific bucket from then on.  Nothing else would do!

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a comment to make about this behavioural change: swinging from unquenchable thirst necessitating drinking from any vessel EXCEPT the one specifically provided, to a lesser thirst, but only wanting to drink from one non-designated vessel?

It might be nothing, but veterinary homeopathy is still a relatively new path.
People may not remember what you did for them, or even what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 12 at 15:46
Abscess of the jaw could be Hekla lava.  Read about it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 12 at 14:27
Hekla Lava ....yes, that pretty much covers all symptoms of the jaw!  It doesn't cover other accompanying symptoms that I was including in the rep.

I've just bought RADAR and am studying with BIH, so I will soon have access to much more recent information.  Boericke and Kent are my mainstay at present.

Thank you for your help.  Maybe your name needs a dose of SIL to get rid of the scar?Embarrassed

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 12 at 12:57
Two doses of MERC has generated a dramatic improvement in this case and I had not entertained the possibility of MERC since there was no bad odour. However, the constant stream of saliva brought about, apparently, by the PHOS took me back to the drawing board.

It was a tough call since the llama had been given SIL at one point, but without apparent effect.  I read somewhere that if SIL has been effective then MERC must not follow, but if it hasn't worked then MERC can follow SIL.  Since the case was getting desperate indeed, with the poor chap not standing or eating, I gave it try.  Within a couple of hours he was eating a little and within 24 hours he was out grazing in the field.  There is still a way to go to restore health, but the disease has found its match.

Thank you all here for your help, encouragement and oodles of free information.

Never give up hope!
 Post Reply Post Reply