Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedScoliosis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoliosis
    Posted: 16 Aug. 11 at 00:00
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend someone who has been successful with scoliosis.. and with chronic difficult cases in general?  I have used many homeopaths- & many are sloppy, & others stop short, saying the case is too hard.  I really need someone who really knows how to manage cases... It can be through skype so anyone anywhere would be fine.  We are in NYC - but our finances are low so I'd rather not start a path with an unknown and without referrals.

I've lost a little track of the case which I tried to address myself so I just need a little help.
Thanks

Tahoo
Manish Bhatia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Just Dr. B!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 11 at 01:26
Are you trying to correct scoliosis with homeopathic medicines?
Manish Bhatia, BHMS (India)
www.doctorbhatia.com

My love for homeopathy stems from the results that I see and not just from my belief in its theory.
ifonly View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 11 at 16:08
I too canot see that Homeopathy can cure Scoliosis

What degree of Scoliosis are we talking about and how old is the patient

My daughter was diagnosed age 13 with a 17 Degree scoliosis and used a home traction system every night in bed which i think was devised in France ..............this prevented furthur detioration and the need for surgury and treated the muscle spasm that was initially debilitating

she is now 40 and has 2 lovely children and has very little problem with her spine
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 11 at 21:10
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 11 at 21:47
Yes, I'm trying to help her because other homeopaths have not been able to resolve.
I'm a little sloppy myself with analyzing and need help with that.
My wonder is what is the underlying issue?
Is it simply muscular/skeletal- that she has been born with or is there arthritic or other issues going on.

We made a ton of progress- with silica and acid phos, yet I see relapse. 
Scoliosis went up to 16- then down to 8, thoracic  to the right, lumbar went from 8 to 0 but right ribs were still prominent in front with rotation
TUB too has been tried - though consistency is confused, one homeopath- gave it to her every 4 weeks another only one dose- but she was away and I was unable to assess.
Calc Phos I gave twice 200c- no change at all.
Tissue salts of both calc phos and silica have been used intermittently.
She is 14-
I can illustrate entire case-with some help as I am a student.. but time is flying by and we want to help her

I cannot figure out her constitutional remedy- which may help.

In general, 
She has numerous chronic complaints along with scoliosis-right ankle sore after use, hurts weak and she strains if often, also extremely tight achilles, tightness, shin splints, possible micro fractures as she is a dancer, tiny, but 5'4" She continually complains of very sore tailbone- with no real cause.

All pains are like a sharp shooting pain. Rest is the best medicine.
Causticum not Ruta seems to help the tight achilles and calf muscles.

She is very bright, very talkative, very stubborn, very logical. Hard working. Cleans the house.  Hates to sit still or stay home.  Movement- most often. She has a lot of get up and go. She is a little obsessive, when she feels like cleaning- everyone has to.. controlling & bossy.  She stands up for what she believes is right.

She still has several baby teeth & does not have her menses.
Sleeps with her mouth open.

Her feet very sweaty clammy cold, wetish but she says they feel dry to her.
They are always peeling.
Her fingers feel sore after doing dishes.

When sick , its her glands.

She feels light headed even after eating in the morning, except now I've started her on liquid iron, guessing she's anemic.  She always avoids being in direct sun.. says it's too hot or too bright.  But she likes her head to be sweaty when she has a severe headache.. 

She eats tons of calcium via cheese, & yogurt,, but somehow she is always struggling.
She eats plenty of food- is constantly hungry soon after eating.
She does experience over pronation, rolls in on her feet.. slightly- though she's working on it.

Seems to want to sleep with me so she can keep talking at night.

Has a hard time listening.. which is odd because she is a ballet dancer & is very attentive and precise.
She can figure out songs she listens to on keyboard- without having a single lesson.
She is extremely musical in her dance- very coordinated.
So perhaps selective teen ears.

Her grandmother died of cancer and her aunt is ill with cancer.

Afraid of the dark- thinks something will jump out @ her.
Skitterish around animals

Food: hates eggs-wants to like them but won't eat them. Feels sick if she eats them.
Loves olives & sweets.

I have much more to share but that's the general picture.

I'd be happy if someone can help me sort her case out before it gets too late.

Thanks

T

ps sorry for mistake in empty post- keyboard wouldn't pop up.

Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 11 at 21:51
I wanted to add

She threw up a ton & was very colicky as a baby.
Very sensitive to water- like it hurt her
Tons of tantrums

Now she is like a different person.  Gets very mad but walks away.
Wants to be completely left alone to sulk.

She is very sarcastic & even cutting with her comments.

Again thanks to anyone who has any ideas.

T
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 03:50
Hi Tahoo,
the underlying issue is always the disturbed vital force which brings out symptoms according to the predisposition of her constitution and all the different diseases. When checking your symptoms Calc-c comes into my mind which is also given as a remedy "of help for scoliosis" in the materia medica, provided symptoms agree. I do not have personal experiences with scoliosis but it may be worth  giving it a try.

All the best for your patient and good luck !

Katja Schütt

"Those who walk the path of truth will never stumble."
Gandhi
Piyush Kumar View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 07:36
Dr Bhatia, why have you written, want to help the scoliosis by Homoeopathy? Go through the original work of Hahnemann , and find out scoliosis mentioned in his MMP AND CD and Organon. Either You believe or Disbelieve in Homeopathy. Homeopathy is not meant for Heathy only but the sickness too.

Scoliosis can be cured by Homeopathy.

Dr Piyush Kumar
BHMS.MD (HOM)
Varanasi,UP, INDIA.
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 07:45
Dr. Kumar,

Are you meaning your response for Tahoo's posts? or the other poster?, as clearly I support, study and agree to Homeopathy efficacy.

I would appreciate any help at all.

To Katja,

Thanks for your thoughtful response,

Ive been pouring over the calc family as well- and I do too end up at calc carb,but I had learned that because she is of the phosphorus type- being thin & delicate, quick witted, sharp mentally that I should rely on calc phos & never calc carb.  Can you elaborate on why this might not be important to stick with constitutional types re: body type?

Calc carb for fat & flabby but yet much of the case follows well, please give suggestions on how to dose?

1m- 1 dose? or 3 doses?
or liquid lm?

Thanks

Also- though she is dancer and she works really hard- it does seem that she has no strength- she is graceful and precise but can't get off the ground- doesn't have the muscle mass behind her.
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 07:54
Sorry for my quick reply post Dr. Kumar, I misread your reply.

It's early...

Thank you..
Katja View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 08:05
Tahoo, the morbid symptoms are the basis for prescription. Calc may be thin too, indeed, you will find a lot of cured cases in history where patients cured with Calc-c were emaciated, and of course they can be sharp mentally too. The usually described "constitutional types" often describe an "ideal" you may find in practice but if you focus only on these features you will miss to prescribe the remedy frequently. If, however, the characteristic and strange, rare and peculiar symptoms are considered you will hardly ever fail. As for the dose I would only give one test dose and proceed according to the patients reaction. Certainly you already know the patients sensitivity from your former prescription to decide for the best potency, 30C, 200C or 1M. Calc-c is sad to be hyposensitive so that higher potencies can be applied but I would always start with a middle potency (30C, 200C) and go higher if necessary. As for the dry vs. the wet dose, of course the watery solution is superior as it can be adjusted to the patients sensitivity and repeated at suitable intervalls whereas you have to wait with the dry dose until its action is exhausted. I would give a wet dose but depending on your case management skills you may also chose to give it dry.

Katja Schütt

"Those who walk the path of truth will never stumble."
Gandhi
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sept. 11 at 21:36
So helpful Katja

If one were to use lm 2  in this case- Do others advise to only give one dose & wait? If so, How long?
Because of the nature of her case-mainly that it is so deep, it could be difficult to detect or to determine healing has started.  In other words - If I were to use 200 or 1m.. I know to wait approx 4 weeks to see if I get a change? How does one know when change should be experienced by with a case like this?  Seems stupid of me to ask- but I feel like I flounder with this in this case.  I have used LM with others - but often it is those who are big coffee drinkers, smokers, experience much stress or have emotional or mental issues which have seemed a little clearer to assess..

Would I be looking for her spine to change first and foremost...not excluding any change in painful tailbone, achilles  or any of the other symptoms that were mentioned?... 

If I use the LM- Does anyone know, do I just use it t stimulate healing on the simpler ? issues, ? i.e..) achilles or tailbone or do I see all her issues as one layer? for lack of better term.. DO I look for change in all areas at once and perhaps say, in the first week?  Does that make sense?
 OR do I redose with LM until I hear her say- tailbone good, achilles better -then hold on dosing, then perhaps finally see change in spine? How would one manage this?   

Do I see this as all one level of healing?

Also- where does one look to see changes that can't always be detected?  Should fears settle down or talkativeness , focus and calmness be seem or again look for physical changes mainly..

Where does one look to find longevity of remedy? meaning, how can I know how long to wait to see change with a particular remedy- as in psorinum is 10 days- others are 2 or three- Does anyone have suggestions on what to read to find that info?

Sorry- it's long..

Tahoo 
Tahoo View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 12 at 17:36
Can someone point out what is the rare & peculiar symptoms in this case?

I had her on Calc C in Sept- then I moved to Lyco- when she finally did get her menses.
She started having crampy pain right sided and it helped immediately.

But now I am still on the hunt to solve her scoliosis and her tight achilles and pain in shins on jumping.

Please direct me as to how to follow up on this case?

I thought we were making progress with spine, but lately it seems a little less so and even perhaps relapsing a bit.

Her being a teen it is hard to get accurate reports on other pain symptoms. But they are present enough that she sits out in her dance life.  Her teachers are concerned.  She says, it's random. Some days are great, other days, she has pain stop her from her dancing life. 

She has had much peeling wet feet and hands lately.  I gave her a dose of 200 c Sulph.

Thanks for any help.

Tahoo
Piyush Kumar View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 12 at 09:08
Dear Tahoo,

Instead of concentrating on one or two symptoms, try to see the whole image.

Out of lot of symptoms, please sort out five most troublesome symptoms. Mind symptom if very peculiar and prominent. Cause and Modality.

I know its tough, but thats the way.

Selection of Remedy should be done in precise manner. 

Thanks .

Dr Piyush Kumar
BHMS.MD (HOM)
Varanasi,UP, INDIA.
Mehra View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 12 at 04:54
If Scoliosis is since birth, it will be quite difficult to resolve it, But if it has been acquired afterwards, homeopathy may be able to help.

Below is a web site. Please see if it is of any help to you or to any other patient.            

Free Scoliosis Reviews
                      X-ray analysis and Advice. Call 1300 883 884
Many things which upset us and worry us constantly are simply not worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply