Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNasal polyp remedy worked.Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
d_nalor View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nasal polyp remedy worked.Now what?
    Posted: 08 Jan. 11 at 08:27

Hello.

I just joined this forum.

I wish I had found this forum earlier.

There seems to be a lot of people here that have been using homeopathic medicine for quite some time.

I hope I posted this in the right place.

About 10 years ago I had a nasal polyp in my left nostril which could be easily seen.
I went to a ENT and was prescribed oral prednisone and that "shrank" it within 3 days.
I have always had a hard time breathing through my nose,I use Afrin everyday,but the polyps haven't been a big issue until recently.

I had another one in the same left nostril,again it could be easily seen.
I've read about the serious dangers of using steroids like oral prednisone and I wanted to try something else.
I didn't want to have it surgically removed it.
After a lot of consideration,I tried the remedy teucrium marum verum for nasal polyps,and it has worked.
I used both 30C and 200C from Hahnemann Laboratories.
The polyp is no longer seen and I can breathe again.

Now....my question is this.
Now what?
Should I stop taking it now,or should I continue to take it so that the polyps never return?
I mean..it has been 10 years since the last one,but still I really don't want the polyp to ever return.
I also have a very powerful ringing in my ears now that wasn't there before.
I've had ringing in the ears before,occasionally,but it is quite often now.

I did keep some type of record as to how much I took,what dosages I took,how often I took it.... etc.
Maybe that will help someone advise me.

I did not have any recommendations at the time as to what I needed to take,(I didn't know about this forum at the time),so I self prescribed as follows.

First night:
The 200C bottle of teucrium marum verum I ordered says the dosage is 10-15 pellets.
I took 15,let them disolve under my tongue.
Next morning 15 more and that same night another 15.

The next day I did feel some relief from the nasal pressure but it wasn't nowhere near as quick as I remember the steroid prednisone being.
So I switched to the 30C.
I was thinking maybe that would cure quicker because I seen online I should take the 30C 3 times a day instead of just twice a day for the 200C.

With the 30C pellets,I took 3 pellets 4 times a day for 2 days and felt even better the first day after doing this.
Then,I used Afrin in that nostril with the polyp and that seemed to put me back a lot.
After the second day of 30C,I looked in my nose and the polyp was still there.It wasn't receeding at all.
Not one bit.

I was now very discouraged and thought this homeopathic medicine was not going to work.
I made an appointment with the ENT I seen 10 years ago,and I was going to get the prednisone and be done with this already.

With apparently nothing to lose now...I started taking the same dosages as before,only now I was taking BOTH the 200C and the 30C at the same time.
200C VERY early morning,then 30C three times during the day,and 200C before going to bed.
The next day I felt a LOT better.
For the first time in 5 weeks I could breath a little through my left nostril!
I could actually blow my nose again without it feeling like my eardrums were going to explode.
Two days after keeping this up and now,I can't even see the polyp in my nostril at all.

I did drink 2 cups of coffee every morning,although the instructions that came with the medicine said in big bold letters NO COFFEE,NOT EVEN DECAF.
I read somewhere online to just wait 1/2 hour before/after taking the medicine and so that's what I did.

I can now breath again,even better than I did before I got the polyp again.
I haven't even used Afrin in 3 days now.
I am going to cancel the appointment with the ENT on Monday.
wequar View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 11 at 03:14
Though the medicine worked,as luckily you got it right.how ever to keep the polyps away you need a constitutional treatment done by a qualified classical Homeopath,who will take your case with many questions about your objective,subjective,mental,emotional and physical life.

This will help you to keep away from polyps and many other health related issues.

Good luck
Dr Wequar Ali Khan
BSc. DHMS(PAK).HMD(LON)
Ricky View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Ricky Rocks!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 11 at 15:52
Do not take any more Teuc unless the polyps return. If you take too much you will undo the good work that the remedy has done and get what are called proving symptoms which could be what the ringing in the ears is.

By the way 1) a dose is 1 pillule NOT 15. 1 pillule will do the same as 15
2) don't take the 30C and the 200C. The 30C will just bring the potency back down from the 200 to the 30. Just take 1 pillule of the 200 when you need it.
3) don't worry too much about the coffee. It affects the remedy with some people and that is why it is advised not to drink it.
4) Go and get a full consultation from a homeopath as wequar suggests.

Rochelle
RSHom
Registered Homeopath
Practitioner in Meridian Therapies (Level 3 Advanced EFT)
d_nalor View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 11 at 16:36
Today is Monday and I did not go to the ENT.  Big smile
I can breath really well now especially early morning,better than I remember in a long,long time.
And without the use of Afrin.
My ears are still ringing loudly at times.

Oddly,I can now breathe better through the nostril where the polyp was than I can through the nostril there was no polyp.

Thank you wequar and Ricky for replying.

I can't afford a homeopathic doctor right now and insurance does not cover homeopathy.
I spent all I could right now already on the medicine.
It wasn't a waste of money and I am real glad.

Do not take any more Teuc unless the polyps return

I can now breathe good again with only a slightly stuffy nose sometimes,and I can't see the polyp in my nose at all anymore,but how do I know if the polyp is completely gone or not?
Maybe it is still there but it is just small where it isn't bothering me and I can't see it?
With that possibilty considered,should I still discontinue taking the pills so soon?
In the meantime,I will stop taking it and see what happens.

By the way 1) a dose is 1 pillule NOT 15. 1 pillule will do the same as 15

So that means I have been actually taking 15 doses?
The bottle says,
Dose:Adult and child 10-15 pellets or as directed by your prescriber.
Ricky View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Ricky Rocks!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 11 at 01:13
No you haven't been taking 15 doses but 1 dose!!! If you take 1 pillule or 100 pillules AT THE SAME TIME - it is still 1 dose!!! I think manufacturers put that on to make you use them up faster. However in the West the pillules we have are large. Yours maybe the poppyseed size. If so you still don't need 15- but maybe a few more than 1!!!  You can also put a cuple in a little water , give it a stir and take 1 teaspoon- that is also a dose. I presume you realise you must suck the pillules not swallow them.
Rochelle
RSHom
Registered Homeopath
Practitioner in Meridian Therapies (Level 3 Advanced EFT)
 Post Reply Post Reply