Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit-Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSmoking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking
    Posted: 26 July 10 at 14:09
I was wondering what you guys think about Smoking. The medical 'professionals' make out they are against it, but many of them smoke, and ancient cultures always knew the medical benefits of tobacco.

Do you think it is good, or bad, for you?
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 10 at 21:36
Smoking is bad.waste of money and health.
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Dr. Mubrak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 10 at 00:44
Originally posted by sajjadakram

sajjad.

It is not altogether bad for health, though the benefits may be less than losses. Actually if we see it, it is Tobaccum a remedy which have proved its efficacy in curing diseases. Its use just for a fashion or show off is not praised here actually, and those who think it adds in their personality are at fault. It weakens the nerves and memory particularly but it cures such conditions also. Sometimes doctors advise to some sort of patients to smoke for a stipulated period to get alleviated from the sickness. So this aspect of smoking should also be kept in mind.
DR. MUB
icryptic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 10 at 10:37
Maybe tobacco used as remedy, but smoking is not good at all. It's a silent killer.
deleted
Loukas View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 10 at 15:14
May well be, as so many things in life are, but is pleasurable too. As it  often happens, the line between mere pleasure, something one chooses to do and enjoys it, and a pathological need, a necessity, is very narrow. What we label as "addiction" and what we label as "pleasure", though accompanied by side effects we are aware of and accept, depends largely on cultural factors and is to a great extent simply voluntary. One believes smoking is a dangerous addiction that makes people have to do something and creates an illusion of pleasure, deceives them, and someone else is convinced that it is their conscious choice and a source of true enjoyment. So I wouldn't say "smoking is not good at all" - it is good, because it may be pleasurable, may help relieve stress, concentrate, provide a nice ritual helping people to find some harmony etc. As my grandfather, may he rest in peace, used to say, everything is for people. It is indeed, but we have to be alert and know when we cross a line we shouldn't get close to. Smoking, drinking alcohol, coffee or even eating may become empty habits one feels forced to repeat, which don't give any pleasure or satisfaction, but merely prevent from feeling worse due to abstinence. That's the moment we should stop or try to reduce their intake. But still - everything may be good, even smoking; it depends on a person and their ability to control it. I personally think smoking is pleasurable. And for every pleasure, be it a roller-coaster ride or an exotic fish dinner, we have to be prepared to pay, sometimes in our health's currency. That's life :)

I think we could pose a more interesting question here: if one simply likes smoking and has no will to quit or doesn't feel strong enough to try, what is there that they may do to try to reduce the negative, toxic effect smoking has on their health? We all know about diet, physical activity and so forth, but perhaps someone knows of something that works especially well or a homeopathic treatment that may be used to prevent smoking-related problems?
strjac7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 10 at 08:41
The longer you smoke, the better your chances are of dying from it. One out of 3 smokers die from smoking and many more become very sick. Think about your friends who smoke. 1/3 of them will die from smoking if none of you quit.So now you decide whether it's good or bad for ya. The famous people talking against it and self smoking does not mean that you also have to follow them and accept this bad habit.Hope the idea is clear.

edited
Brisbanehomoeopath View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 10 at 20:30
One of the main problems with smoking is not so much the tobacco, but all the toxic chemicals that are rolled into that cigarette. Smoking tobacco on its own, just as drinking coffee or alcohol for pleasure, would not be such an issue. Cigarettes are full of far too many unnecessary and dangerous chemicals - many of which are carcinogenic.

There is a difference between engaging in any activity or behavior for which the body has natural systems to cope with it, and something which it does not. When our body is subjected to influences which are too far removed from what we are designed for, we begin to get 'strange' methods of adaption - primarily Cancer but also other destructive degenerative processes.

I agree that it is 'politically correct' to say 'smoking is bad' and that as homoeopaths we should be able to approach any person's life and choices from a non-judgemental dispassionate standpoint. However it is also true that our understanding of health, of the connection between all the various aspects of human existance, of the fine levels of vibration on which people operate, all lead us to see signficant impacts on a person's life when using various substances/drugs.

Unfortunately, no homoeopathic medicine can prevent the toxic effects of any drug that is maintained in the system. Crude toxic doses when constantly repeated will always adversely effect the health of a person, and at best well-selected medicines might moderate some of the worst results of that.

Remember that your symptoms, which arise from taking any drug as a habit, are actually survival mechanisms. Homoeopathy cannot reverse those without seriously damaging or killing you.
David Kempson
Professional Homoeopath
AdvDipHomMed, Sydney College of Homoeopathic Medicine 1994
Member ATMS 5141
Dr. Mubrak View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 10 at 02:54
Originally posted by strjac7

The longer you smoke, the better your chances are of dying from it. One out of 3 smokers die from smoking and many more become very sick. Think about your friends who smoke. 1/3 of them will die from smoking if none of you quit.So now you decide whether it's good or bad for ya. The famous people talking against it and self smoking does not mean that you also have to follow them and accept this bad habit.Hope the idea is clear.

Do you  think only smoking persons die and all others are safe from death. No one is safe from death, it is to come. Once the Oldest person of the world said during an interview that I daily climb up the hill, eat veg and flour and smoke. I wondered at that time and so yet. I don't smoke but I see extraordinary rants of such advisers who perhaps smoke inside the room and denies out of it.
Yes! now to sickness.... if you have a susceptibility to diseases then you have to be careful not only from tobacco but many other mild items also.
DR. MUB
driver View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sept. 10 at 13:00
well afghan woman give a tiny bit of opium to infants so they can sleep and don't disturb there mothers while they are weaving carpets or doing other stuff this don't make opium a good thing.
smoking well in my knowledge have no reason at all i mean people use it for what ?
and dying from it is not the thing the problem is living with it smokers have a hard time running and maintaining stamina and you will make a habit
 if a thing have no benefit than one should try to ignore it
shilohgomz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 10 at 21:44
Smoking injurious to health. It always bad our health from the beginning. Most of the lung cancer are caused due to the smoking. For the chain smokers electronic cigarettes are the best option to quite smoking slowly slowly because to quite smoking on the sport is very difficult for any chain smoker. Nowadays smoking is becoming fashion in all teenagers.
lockhunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 11 at 21:15
Hello

Respiratory symptoms in relation to smoking status, and comparison with exposure to solid fuel combustion and ever exposure ...

royalina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 11 at 20:14
Originally posted by sajjadakram

sajjad.

yes.I can't agree more...and The worse thing is bad for others health....
deleted - no advertising allowed
sulur46 View Drop Down
Student
Student

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 11 at 09:30
now that so much talk about smoking is happening,  would some body help a person to kick the habit?  My own son wants to quit smoking but has such withdrawal symptoms that he promptly starts smoking again. He has stopped it now (for the fourth time) and of course suffering.

symptoms are the usual. Irritability and sleeplessness. I have tried Nux vom (does not reduce craving) daphne indica (makes him feel dull and apathetic) caladium (does nothing)

Any suggestions?
Thierry-Health View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 05:57

Hello,
If you want a remedy to take for the craving only, then Nux Vomica Caladium and Tabacum are the big ones for me. When this does not work, then it is worth investigating a deeper issue such as blood sugar imbalance (a lot of cigarettes are full of sugar and/or disrupt the body's sugar balance) and also the cause of the addiction: what makes your son want to light up a cigarette? What is the thought just before it? Any specific time of the day? It is worth repertorising to find a remedy fitting the mental picture - such as staph, ignatia or saccharum off?
I hope this helps, and other ideas welcome!
A
Thierry
Clinical Homeopath

http://www.thierry-health.com
Captainblack984 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 11 at 16:12
It is really bad and does nothing for you. anyone who thinks it does is in denial. end of.
deleted for advertising
steveroger View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 11 at 01:08
smoking is very bad habbit.it injures to health.one cigarette reduce 5 minute of a person.also it a cause of cancer.so i suggest to all the smoker leave smoking otherwise the result is very dangerous..
williams_john View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 11 at 04:05
Hello,
       I admit with you guys opinion... Smoking is really bad habit, when when start then his end on death.......
But i saw many doctors suggest smoking for many disease.......
Why?
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 11 at 09:31
Because they are ignorant of its bad consequences.
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
spibbs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 11 at 17:59
The best thing I have ever did was quit smoking. I feel great and have more energy than I ever have.  I prolonged my life by 30 years. 
moorey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 12 at 03:43
Many people who have smoked for years think it is too late and “the damage is already done”; but the human body is amazingly resilient.

sexploitation
 Post Reply Post Reply