Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEsophageal Cancer treatment my mothers story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Esophageal Cancer treatment my mothers story
    Posted: 05 June 10 at 01:58
Hello People,

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">

I am writing on behalf of my mother who is ailing from chronic ulcer in esophagus, she is located in Bangalore,

My mother is a 52yr old with chronic acidity issues for past few years, she is a diabetic for last 10years and was diagnosed with vasculities 6 yrs ago. 

She used to get burning sensation while eating food,  the burning sensation would intensify when tried eating spicy food. At the worst phase she would get burning sensation while drinking water as well.  In the month of  May 2009 She decided to see her physician who in turn referred her to a Gastroenterologist in Bangalore.  

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12"> The biopsy report (dated 05/26/2009) said she had moderate dysplasia and doctor prescribed her Proton pump inhibitor along with Sucraflate syrup

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12"> We went to see the doctor after 3weeks (June 2009) as a follow up, doctor performed a endoscopy and told us that he would pick tissue samples for repeat biopsy. However when after he came out of procedure room he told us that the ulcer has completely healed and he need not had to perform repeat biopsy.  Doctor asked her to continue PPI and Sucraflate and come see her again in Two months time. He couldn’t explain how the ulcer was healed completely in 3 weeks.

However her discomfort with burning sensation retured after a month, we did another biopsy in October 2009 and they said dysplasia due to some virus effect. They stopped all meds givento her.

This year in March I took her to an oncologist just to be sure and he ordered a PET-CT scan, where there was mild uptake in her lower esophagus and they ruled it as Esophagitis. But still with doubt we saw another gastroenterologist who did a biopsy and got it tested at different laboratory. When the results came they said it was Squamous cell carcinoma.

We performed a Endoscopic Ultrasound in mid April and it was staged as Stage1 T1N0M0, although there was lymph node next to the tumor they said it was unlikely to be malignant.

Part 2

We traveled from bangalore to Mumbai to get her condition treated from Tata Memorial Hospital, she went through plethora of mandatory tests and procedures they decided to get remove her esophagus through esophagectomy. However we couldnt get the surgery scheduled immediately for various reasons like cough, availability of the facility surgeons vacation. have to add that my mother was not fully brought into the decision, we convinced her to go through the surgery as it was seen as curative.

Finally we scheduled the surgery on 25th of May. However during the induction phase in the OT, she suffered cardiac arrest and drop in her blood oxygen level. The Surgeon who is one the great gentleman doctor I have met till now, aborted the procedure after reviving her back and informed us about the decision. They told us that they could still go ahead with the surgery but will give couple of days for us to think about it.

After two days my mother was in great pain due to a rib fracture (while performing CPR), seeing her pain we decided to deny surgery and look for other treatment options.  They referred us to oncologist who suggested Chemo+Radio therapy. And asked us to continue treatment in bangalore.

Part3

We returned back to Bangalore and was thinking about alternative treatment options and found out Dr.Ramakrishnan's method has significant success in treating and curing Cancer via Homeopathic system.

We went to Chennai to see Dr.R, he saw our reports or biopsy and asked few questions like what falvor my mom likes (sweet) and does she sleep well (yes she does). It was all ove rin 10 minutes, and gave us some medicines.  

Meds

One tablet in the morning (Its written morning)

One tablet in the evening (Written Evening)

4 packets of some powder. Each packet contains 7/8 small sachets total for 30days worth of medicine.

Since 2nd June my mother has started taking these meds, by putting them in 100ml of water and then taking 10ml every 15 minutes. And leaving last 10ml for tomorrow, again tomorrow adding another sachet and repeating this for 7/8 days.

We are scheduled to start Chemo+Radiation from June 7th, Dr. R was ok with it and said to complete the 5 week treatment. However I am somehow thinking to takeout chemo and just go ahead with Radiation alone, I think my mother wont be able to tolerate Chemo and dont want to put her through all that pain.

i am hoping that Homeopathic medicine works on her and helps her eliminate this disease,

Also to add she has some micro carcinoids in stoamch (Neudocrine and slow growing) and severe gastritis and parts of her stomach changing into metaplasia and doctor warned her that it might become malign sometime although not sure when. Do I need to get this treated as well right away or wait till her esophageal cancer is addresses.

I am also looking to put her on Iscador therapy.

I request experts on this forum to give some views on this case. I will be more than willing to provide more information if you need any

-Bhasi

sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 10 at 07:56
Please contact Homeopathic doctor Firuzi Mehta. She is co- admin of this forum and cancer treatment is her special field. I hope she will be of great help.
Best wishes.
Sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
wequar View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 10 at 14:09
Dr Sajjad,what i understand is that Dr Ramakrishna, today is considered one of the most respected Homeopath who has been treating Cancer as a special subject in Homeopathy.Dr Firuzi is a very respected Homeopathic doctor,but i was not aware that  Cancer treatment was her special field.It is good information. 
Dr Wequar Ali Khan
BSc. DHMS(PAK).HMD(LON)
Firuzi Mehta View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 10 at 23:50
I will not say that cancer treatment is my special field. Embarrassed

However, I am reasonably well-versed with Iscador Therapy; studied it as part of an Anthroposophic course and used it a lot when I was working with another homoeopath - I do not use it much in my own practice, simply because it is a rather expensive long-term treatment for average patients. For those who can afford it, Homoeopathy and Iscador together is a good option.

Since about 1 year, I have been treating my cancer patients with Dr. Ramakrishnan's method and so far, I find it good.

Bhasi, since you have visited Dr. Ramakrishnan, it is best that you share your queries with him directly - the doctor who is treating the patient is the one who should be informed about everything and he is the one who may best be able to guide appropriately.

One suggestion - Many oncologists tell their patients that Homoeopathic remedies will interfere with their treatment. THEY DO NOT. If at all, the strong anti-cancer drugs of conventional medicine will make it difficult for the homeopathic remedies to work optimally. Potency and dosage need to be adjusted carefully.

Whatever anyone says, do not put Homoeopathic treatment on hold. Many times, patients decide to go through the surgery-chemotherapy-radiation route and decide to start Homoeopathy later. That is a big mistake. Start homoeopathy alongside conventional treatment if you do decide to go with conventional treatment. Keeping homoeopathy on hold for later is often 'too late'.

Dr. Firuzi Mehta (India)
B.H.M.S.(Bom.) H.M.D.(Lon.)
http://www.homoeopathie.in

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Einstein
bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 10 at 02:21
Thanks Dr.Mehta.

At this point she has not taken any medicine specific to her condition other than Homeopathic medicine. I can't say what exactly she has been prescribed with since I have not knowledge of Homeopathy and medicine names aren't written on the sachets. As I have already stated I am planning not to include Chemo in her regimen just go with Radiotherapy. No matter what we are not dropping out of Homeopathic treatment. 

Any idea how to determine if the treatment is working or not, Dr. R asked us to be on treatment for 8-9 months to see some results then continue it for 2 yrs then asking us  to stop it. 

Also Dr.Mehta, can we consider Iscador therapy along with Homeopathy, if yes how expensive is this therapy and how long should we take it. 

bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 10 at 03:05
I also have one more question.

Does Homeopathy works for all or only few people respond to the medicine.
Firuzi Mehta View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 10 at 03:56
Hi Bhasi,

Homeopathy works for all, so long as the remedy selection is good and case is well-managed.
Dr. R will probably ask for some investigations like a scan to see whether the cancer is regressing or not. Besides investigations, your mother's general condition and the change in her symptoms will be a good guide.

Yes, you can certainly consider Iscador therapy along with Homeopathy. Hmm, a basic schedule will cost around Rs. 5500/= per month and if other injectables are added for specific needs like pain relief or metastases, etc., then that would be an additional approx. Rs. 2000 - 2500/= per month.

Iscador ideally is to be continued for many years; however, once the patient is responding well and free of cancer, there are longer gaps of no medication and in later years, a patient may take just 2-3 cycles in a year with gaps of many months in between. Once the patient is free of cancer for 5 years, treatment can be stopped. This is however not true for breast or skin cancers, since these cancers tend to recur after many years as well.

Hope this answers your queries?
Good luck!

Dr. Firuzi Mehta (India)
B.H.M.S.(Bom.) H.M.D.(Lon.)
http://www.homoeopathie.in

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Einstein
bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 10 at 08:24
My mothers general condition is great, her appetite is good and she sleeps like a baby once she hits the sack. Her only complaint all these days, burning sensation when eating mpstly spicy food. 

As I said in my earlier post, I guess if we had not tracked this ulcer since 1.5 yrs, I am sure we  wouldn't have detected this cancer. The inital PET-CT scan was concluded as esophagitis since the FDG uptake was very mild. 

She is starting her Radiation treatment from tomorrow,  we have declined Chemo due to its toxic side effects. Honestly I am having high hopes on Homeopathy to address her condition. 

Dr.Mehta, PM sent on Iscador topic.
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 01:12

Radiation treatment is as bad as chemo, if not worse, how can you be so naive to do such a stupid thing ???
Once radiated, the chances to heal with homeopathy or whatever go down rapidly.

You should rethink that measure, since it is an irreversible step. Myself I prefer to die of cancer than to die of radiatio. There is nothing worse than radiation, specially in the solar plexus region, where all important nerves come together and radiation does not stop any tumor, but weakens the body and make the tumor strongers after a initial decrease of the size. Moist patients do not even take 2  whole weeks of radiation in that area without collapsing with no chance of recover after that.

bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 01:49
Scarface, thanks for your suggestion.

I have heard conflicting suggestions from Homeopathic doctors regarding conventional treatment. When I asked Dr.R about Chemo+RT he asked us to complete this course (5 weeks) and then let homeopathic treatment manage her. 

I understand the side effects of the radiation threapy (mucusities, and additional ulcers) however I have tried to get IGRT (Image Guided Radio Therapy) which is more accurate than conventional radiotherapy to keep the side effects to minimal.

Do you have any elaborate explanation on why Homeopathic medicine will fail to work if Radiation is included.

PS: The reason why we declined Chemo was something to do with it's quite obvious side effects of degrading body's defense mechanisms and making her weak.
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 02:21

All kinds of radiation used in medicine are damaging.

The problem with the radiation treatments or any other damaiging treatments does not have anything to do with homeopathy.

Radiaation destroys the body that you actually want to heal. By doing that you have nothing or very little left that can be healed afterwards with homeopathy..

If you have a broken car it can be fixed. If you roll with a tank over this car it is much more difficult to be fixed.

It is a very stupid thing to roll with a tank over a car and to try to fix it afterwards.

Homeopaths are also human beeings. Most of them do not know the real effects of this kind of treatments and are themselve anxious, or brain-washed by the medical system so it is normal that most of them will recomand this or that.

But you will not find any good and courageos homeopath who will recommend something like this. Hahnemann would tell you the same what I told you.

The most stupid thing one can do in cancer is operation, chemo or radiation.

Manish Bhatia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Just Dr. B!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 03:22
Originally posted by scarface

The most stupid thing one can do in cancer is operation, chemo or radiation.

If there is no metastasis and the primary site is operable, then an operative removal of tumor is HIGHLY recommended. Any advise against that is 'stupid'.
Manish Bhatia, BHMS (India)
www.doctorbhatia.com

My love for homeopathy stems from the results that I see and not just from my belief in its theory.
bhasi View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 03:43
We tried for a complete Esophagectomy (Removal of entire esophagus and pulling stomach up to the thoracic cavity)  on 25th May, however she suffered a cardiac arrest and had to reviver her back during induction phase. The surgeon said the chances of getting another cardiac arrest in the second attempt was quite significant and we denied the surgery. 

I didn't wanted to take a happily active person off the street and to the mortuary. Once lucky was enough for us :(
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 04:31

Well, depends what one knows about cancer and what kind of tumor that is.
Most homeopaths do not know much more about cancer then the allopaths.

A cancer tumor is nothing else but a bunch of cells infested with certain microbs, when you cut the tumor they go in the blood and it will create in most cases metastasis and a secondary cancer.  More the 95% of the metastasis come out only after surgeries. Anyone can check this out.

" Dr. Tamara Lebedewa cut off parts of a tumor and put it in a culture high in nutrition. Within several days she noticed three-tailed amoeba (trichomonads) swimming in the culture. In fact, these may not have been amoeba, but instead a special state of the cancer microbe. In either case, she has shown the presence of a microbe inside of cancer cells."

Read the book of  Dr. Tamara Lebedewa. She discovered something very old, that was knew a long time ago by  Bechamp, Prof. Enderlein and others. Cancer has nothing to to with a cell mutation but with a cell occupation ! You cut the tumor and then you have all the patogens  in the blood and then in new organs. 

That is why surgery in most cases is the worst thing to do. No matter what one has learned to believe.

But I know that most doctors and homeopathy do now that yet. It is a pity. You should not only read books about homeopathy.

scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 04:34
* do not know that yet.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Just Dr. B!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 08:01
Originally posted by scarface

"Dr. Tamara Lebedewa cut off parts of a tumor and put it in a culture high in nutrition. Within several days she noticed three-tailed amoeba (trichomonads) swimming in the culture. In fact, these may not have been amoeba, but instead a special state of the cancer microbe. In either case, she has shown the presence of a microbe inside of cancer cells."

Read the book of  Dr. Tamara Lebedewa. She discovered something very old, that was knew a long time ago by  Bechamp, Prof. Enderlein and others. Cancer has nothing to to with a cell mutation but with a cell occupation ! You cut the tumor and then you have all the patogens  in the blood and then in new organs. 

This looks like a very easy to reproduce experiment. I wonder why this has not been reproduced yet? It would bring in a paradigm shift in cancer study ...and a noble prize for Dr. Tamara.

www.doctorbhatia.com

My love for homeopathy stems from the results that I see and not just from my belief in its theory.
scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 09:03

Yes, that is weird. But the more simple something seem to be, the more incredible it is and therefore the more difficut to get to test it indeed.

It applies to the PR method too. Look how many of you tried this wonderfull method I use daily. Only 3 people out of some hundred.

What Lebedewa discovered is nothing new. She just reproved it again. With solid scientifical means.  Even Hildegard von Bingen wrote 1000 years ago that cancer is caused by some very small animals.

Lebedewa helps a lot of cancer patients in Russia by destroying the Tricomonas in the cancer cells with some simple natural methods. She is very popular in Russsia. 

I guess if you take a good microscop you might even see the trichomonads directly in the tumor tissue.  But do you think there is a doctor to do so ?

Homeopaths should know this too slowly. It is am important fact known and proven scientifically for more then 100 years by other scientis.

scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 09:05
Lebedewa's work is fully ignored after many years. Do you really think anybody in the medical companies is interested of the healing of cancer ? Or at least in the truth about the tumors ?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Just Dr. B!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 09:58
I did some reading on her work online and it seems the scientific community has summarily rejected her claims. Her findings have never been reproved. Her work is very similar to Hulda Clarke's, who again blames a single bacterium for all cancers and umpteen other problems. They both use 'cleansing' protocols - like using cranberry juice for treatment of all cancers and zapping! There has been too much solid scientific research on genetic basis of cancers/mutations and carcinogens to even think in terms of Dr. Tamara or Hulda Clarke. Scientists have been able to produce cancers in labs using various carcinogens. How do you explain that if Dr. Tamara is right?
www.doctorbhatia.com

scarface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 10 at 14:47

If you find something rejected by the scientific comunity then you have all the reasons to believe that this must be true.  There is nothing in the world more blind then "the scientific community" and specially then doctors (allopaths in general)

Tamara is though very different as a scientist then Hulda Clarke. And as I said, her discoveries are old. Read about Prof Enderlein, Bechamp, etc.

The cause of a tumor has nothing to to with its composition. There are many ways to weaken the body and to help producing a tumor. One has not do much with the other.
An example:  there are many ways to get black spots on the skin. I can beat you, I give you some acid, you can ma a proving of homeopathic remedy, etc. Do not put cause and effect in the same pot. 

What Tamara showed is 100% true. If I say this it is like this, because it is part of a very solid principle. The body will never fight against itself, it will be always attacked by something foreign, so basically the theory behind tumors is a wrong theory from the beginning.
And it had to be a wrong theory,  otherwise they could not have used the same wrong treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery) for almost a century.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>