Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedborax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: borax
    Posted: 06 Feb. 10 at 12:01
Can someone tell me about borax - is it a good remedy and what does it do for you.

I've been told it's good for candida but when I look at the list of things it covers the only things it covers for me is the bloating and stomach distention and something else which I forget.  So how can a remedy that has so many things I don't suffer from do me any good.
upavaid View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 10 at 01:09
What one tries to map when he selects a remedy is the totality of symtoms. The totality of symptoms is not the same as total mass of symptoms. So your totality should point to borax to make borax your remedy. You can never find all symptoms of any remedy in you.

Regards.
   May All Beings Be Happy   
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 10 at 13:36
So what can I expect it to do. Does it detox, does it help with the bloating? Does it help get rid of candida?
Brisbanehomoeopath View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 10 at 16:28
If the remedy matches your state (quality of the symptoms rather than specific symptoms, the peculiarities of the illness) it will cure any disease that can be cured. Every remedy has qualities that are evident in their symptoms - Belladonna has throbbing, heat, violence, explosions; Arnica has bruised, oversenstivity to touch, aching etc. Any disease with the qualities that the remedy creates will be cured, even if no-one has ever used it to cure that illness before.

Detox is a naturopathic concept, not a homoeopathic one. We don't attempt to create a specific effect, we simply correct the imbalance in the vital force (controlling system of the body) and anything that needs to be done to return to health, will be done. If Borax is the remedy that suits your peculiar state, then it will retune your vital energy back to a healthy state, and the symptoms you have will follow suit over time.
David Kempson
Professional Homoeopath
AdvDipHomMed, Sydney College of Homoeopathic Medicine 1994
Member ATMS 5141
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 10 at 23:18
Thanks Brisbaneh!  You always put it so I understand!
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 10 at 02:19
haha cool. glad I can help Smile
David Kempson
Professional Homoeopath
Member ATMS 5141
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 10 at 14:44
Brisbanehomeopath

This one puzzles me - if you have an overload of candida albicans in your system - hence probably why I've had stomach bloating etc. for so long - why is the homeopathic remedy candida albicans not given to treat it - why is the remedy like borax given to help eliminate it from your system.

Am I missing something fundamental here?
Carole Franske View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Always Young

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 10 at 14:59
An over load of candida albicans in your system is not what is important.  It is your personal symptoms that the remedy is chosen for. For example ten people may have an overgrowth of candida albicans and yet each one may have a different set of symptoms.  Each one will get the remedy that covers their individual symptoms.  So ten different remedies may apply to each of the ten persons.
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 10 at 15:17
Yes as Carole has said, it is all about individualizing the problem. Every person's vital force will respond differently to the infestation. This difference tells us which remedy they need. Any disease, parasite, accident, trauma, will create in a person a survival response which is unique to them. While many people with Candida will get bloating, the quality of the bloating will be different between them, as will the specific accessory symptoms, their attitude to their illness, the strategy they adopt to manage it etc. All of these things help us to understand how the vital force is attempting to correct the problem, and therefore how we also need to approach the problem.

Treating with homoeopathy is not about treating specific problems, but about treating the deranged vital energy which will produce many diseases over your lifetime if it is not 'retuned' to healthy functioning. Even if you clear up Candida (by treating it specifically) the vital force will go on to produce new diseases and symptoms.
David Kempson
Professional Homoeopath
Member ATMS 5141
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 10 at 23:46
So if I get rid of the candida - does that mean I'll still have some side effects from it or are you saying that I may get it cleared up but life in general means I will go down with other unrelated diseases.
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Always Young

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 10 at 00:07
You will not have side effects but you may still have the underlining cause present.
Yes the last part of your post is right.

If you just treat only the overgrowth of candida you will still have the condition in you body that allowed you to get the candida overgrowth.  This means that you could get new infestations of candida over and over again requiring more and more treatment or if you keep suppressing the condition you could get other symptoms from the underlining condition in your body like headaches or skin rashes for example.

Usually treating only the specific condition does not treat the cause of the condition it only makes the current symptoms not show.  Treating the actual cause of candida would be for example not eating refined foods that feed candida and makes an overgrowth or imbalance causing distressing symptoms.  Candida is normal to be in the stomach in balance with other yeasts, bacteria etc.  An overgrowth of candida is often the body trying to cope with too much of the wrong food eaten so it can be considered a good thing telling you to make some changes.  The body is trying to compensate.  Another cause of overgrowth of candida is often taking antibiotics that produce  an imbalance of the various good bacteria etc. in the stomach and replacement cultures could be required. Candida is good when it is balanced.  The proper homeopathic remedy will allow the body to heal and correct itself along with not introducing the the causation of having refined foods like fine ground white flour or refined sugars.
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 10 at 23:36
Well I'm gradually cutting out sugar this week  and I'm trying not to eat wheat - so that's a start but I could do with some ideas of what else I can eat - seen most of the sites saying what you can eat but some recipes and menu choices would be good - so if you know of any?

So if borax only cures some of it is there a remedy out there that will get rid of it completely?
Not sure I want to take something if it's a waste of time.
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Always Young

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 10 at 07:35
Originally posted by clifford

So if borax only cures some of it is there a remedy out there that will get rid of it completely?  Not sure I want to take something if it's a waste of time.

Your homeopath may be working on taking the most pressing problem away first.  Like an onion, disease could have built up in layers.  After this remedy finishes working then you can go on to a deeper working remedy.
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team
Always Young

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 10 at 07:45
Good foods to eat are alkaline producing.  You get candida when the body is too acidic.
Click here for some charts
clifford View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 10 at 15:05
Thanks for that - the list is good but apart from porridge still struggling with breakfast that seems to be the main problem of the day for me with regards to food
upavaid View Drop Down
Patient
Patient

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 10 at 05:26
Dear Haren    ..........Haren's post has been deleted

Do you know about lachesis and lyssin. If you talk like this people will get scared and run away.

Smile
   May All Beings Be Happy   
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 10 at 06:04
Originally posted by clifford

Can someone tell me about borax - is it a good remedy and what does it do for you.

I've been told it's good for candida but when I look at the list of things it covers the only things it covers for me is the bloating and stomach distention and something else which I forget.  So how can a remedy that has so many things I don't suffer from do me any good.
It is if other symptoms agree.
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
 Post Reply Post Reply