Health Calculators
Hpathy.com
Homeopathy Discussion Forums   Online Homeopathy Course   Homeopathic Disease Prognosis   Health Calculators   Homeopathy 4 Everyone  

These forums have been archived. Visit

http://forum.hpathy.com

to access the NEW HOMEOPATHY FORUMS

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEar Hematoma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chichi View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ear Hematoma
    Posted: 07 Sept. 09 at 05:08
Hello, my 9 years old lab, unneutered male, had developed a ear hematoma, in his ear flap, right after he got his annual shots.
He is in very good health overall, it is a very active dog. Good appetite, Good mood.
The doctor wanted to treat him him Prednisone (60 mgs for 3 days, 40 mgs for 5 days and 20 mg for 7 days, total of 15 days). The hematoma went down a lot and the vet said surgery was not going to be necessary, because he things the problem was immunologic.
In my personal opinion, the hematoma was not totally gone, and you could fell inside, when pressing the area, little balls or inflamed area. I thought those were scar tissue. But maybe he has a foreign little something inside his ear?
Well, after 1 week he stop the medicine, the ear started filling back again.
I do not really want to give him prednisone again, or not even consider surgery and want to treat him with homeopathic.
I started giving him Arnica 30 C, 3 pellets, 4 times a day. Today I am planning to give him same thing, same quantity and frequency. Then, tomorrow, since I have to go back to work, I can give him 3 times a day. Is this correct? is there any way I can give him the arnica 2 times a day? How long do I have to treat him with Arnica?
I am also soaking his ear flap in water with witch hazel (the dark tincture) and arnica (mother tincture) several times a day. In between, I am rubbing the area with Aloe Vera gel (I have a lot of Aloes in my back yard). The inflammation started going down, but I want to be sure I am giving him the right homeopathic medicine, in the right amount and potency and frequency.
The hematoma is around a quarter of his ear, from the tip to the top, warm to the touch and gets better with warm soaks. It doesn't seems to be too painful, he doesn't scratch his ear. The vet checked his ears and said no infection or mites. He also shake his ears when getting up, but not too many times a day. maybe a couple more times than he used to.
Oh, the best way for me to giving him the pellets, is drop the little arnica pellets (without touching them) in a clear straw, bend the ends, crush the pellets with a hammer and release one end in his mouth, around the gum area, so he doesn't swallow the pellets, and they get dissolved in his mouth. Is this OK? can I crush the pellets like I am doing without affecting the potency? It is OK the way I give him the crushed pellets trough the straw?
Any thought anyone?

THANKS in advance
sajjadakram View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sept. 09 at 05:29
Arnica once or twice is sufficient.Usually in these cases Ledum is better.
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sept. 09 at 12:29
Mr. Sajjad, thanks for your reply :)

How many pellets of the Arnica 30C I have to give to my dog one or twice a day?

Do I have to increase the potency if I see no change?

Also, soaking his ear with Arnica, Witch Hazel and water, externally, will help him as well?

THANKS have a great day!
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sept. 09 at 18:10
Only one or two pellets are sufficient as a dose.
No need to raise the potency. If Arnica dos not work in this potency then you have to change the medicine.
Regards.
sajjad.
In any complicated chronic case,the recent symptoms are the deciding ones.Cure your case in layers,the last layer first.(Woodbury)what,where,when,why, with are important.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sept. 09 at 12:10

Mr, Sajjad, Arnica works for some time, after I give him the pellets, about an hour later, the hematoma reduces it size, then, after 2 hours, starts filling back again.

Do you think I have to swith to Ledum? if so, could you please let me know the potency, dose and frecuency?

Thanks

Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sept. 09 at 17:35
Two pellets of Ledum 30c twice daily .
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
edebeukelaer View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

The Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sept. 09 at 05:08
please if you make suggestions of prescriptions in this folrum, justify this prescription: give good exchastive reasons why you suggest one or another remedy. You cannot ever in homeopathy say try this or that. That sort of appraoch will drive homeopathy to extinction. This is a discussion forum to discuss homeopathy and learn not just to trow remedies around.
Edward
edward
homeopathy for the patient behind the symptoms.
edward@debeukelaer.fslife.co.uk
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sept. 09 at 11:50
Well, I gave him LEDUM last night and earlier in the morning and the hematoma seems to be getting bigger now :(
I gave him arnica few minutes ago. I also soaked his ear in a solution of Epsom Salt.
The ear is warm.

When the vet checked him the first time, when the hematoma formed, he checked his ears and he said his ears are very clean and no infection.
The day he got all his anual shots (I am not doing it any more) he had a little little bump on his ear, and the vet said that was a cyst, and to leave it alone. 1 week after he got the shots, that little bump, transformed it into a ear hematoma. So, I think the problem with his ear is a immune reaction, because when the vet prescribed prednisone, for 2 weeks, the hematoma went down to almost zero. One week after stopping prednisone, the hematoma came back.

Please help! I cannot afford taking him to the vet again. I DO NOT want surgery for him, it is going to be very painful.

I found in another post, in this forum,  this: "Arnica 6x + Hamamelis 3x + Bellis perennis 2x in equal parts, 10 drops every 2 hours until there is amel.(improvement)"

I do not have the liquid form of the remedies, I have the pellets.

THANKS
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sept. 09 at 10:07
Originally posted by edebeukelaer

please if you make suggestions of prescriptions in this folrum, justify this prescription: give good exchastive reasons why you suggest one or another remedy. You cannot ever in homeopathy say try this or that. That sort of appraoch will drive homeopathy to extinction. This is a discussion forum to discuss homeopathy and learn not just to trow remedies around.
Edward
The remedy is not suggested without reason.It is a trauma not disease.
sajjad.
B.Sc;D.H.M.S,(Pak.)
edebeukelaer View Drop Down
Hpathy Team
Hpathy Team

The Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sept. 09 at 10:50
dear Sajad,
In most cases an aural hematoma is not a trauma but a tendency to bleeding of unexplained nature (poss related to immunity as ChiChi suggested rightly)
Edward
edward
homeopathy for the patient behind the symptoms.
edward@debeukelaer.fslife.co.uk
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sept. 09 at 11:42
Ok, with that said. Is there anything I can give to my dog to treat the immunity issue?

This happened one week after he got his shots. So, I am assuming it is a respond from the immune system. But, I am not a doctor.

Do you think SILICEA 1 M could help to my dog to get rid of the shots, so the immune system go back to normal?

Nacho Cabrera View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sept. 09 at 15:26
I feel I wouldn't choose Silicea, because even though we are dealing with an apparently sicosic state. Silicea is better indicated in abscesses, fibrosis and wound healing. Maybe exceeding tissue would respond nicely, but I don't think haemorrages will. Yo
Arnica is a remedy ofr traumatic haemoorages and I feel Phosphorus is a better option especially during surgery. It has worked in some patients. Returning to Arnica, I think it can be a paliative but it will not cure. 
I would iketo remind that we have to treat patients, not sicknessesTreating sicknesse is what in Mexico we call "making alopathy with globules". There are other treatments but they have to be used according to the patient and its crcumstance, not in a syndrome.  exclusively.
Thee is a remedy for:
Pasive haemorrages of poisonous black blood, abundant that does not clot.
There is a bouquet of other remedies for ill effects of vaccination. MAybe those would render a suitable remedy for this dog. 

Greeting from Mexico,

Nacho Cabrera
Homeopathy is not to live from her, but to live with her. (Dr. Dario Flores)
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sept. 09 at 01:16
well, since Homeopathy treats the patient and it's circumstances, and not the syndrome/illness. Here is more about the patient. :)

He is very expressive, you can easily know when he is happy, excited, worried or bored. Loves to be outside chansing lizzards, but when he gets too hot, comes inside the house to refresh himself. very active, but at dusk, slow down and go to sleep. He sleeps deeply at night.

Likes flat surfaces, doesn't like puffy surfaces, or nest beds. Doesn't like to be confined.

Shares food/water with other dogs, but get really competitive for his toys. Wants all the attention, and gets distress when I am petting my other dog. When I call the other dog, he comes first. He is Jelaous.

Likes small dogs, gets challenged by big dogs, and turns a little aggresive. When a big dog is walking nearby, he cries, when the dog get closer, he growls. If the dog is smaller, he gets along with it.

LOVES to be petted, touched and massaged. Trusts in me and my husband, if he is sleeping or laying down, and we approaching him, he usually remains in the same position, or strech himself asking for love.

Prefers to be with company, get estressed when my other dog is not in the house, loves to play and brings toys to interact.

He is very good with comands, and very smart. Not too gentle when playing or receiving treats.

Likes friends coming to visit. Loves attention. Doesn't like when another animal, touch his property, he is very territorial. Even if a strange try to pass by ouy yard, he goes out and bark. never attacked a person. Likes people in general. Bark when someone, other than me and my husband, close gets to the door.

Barks each time someone rings the bells, even if I am ringing the bell, with the door opens, and he is by me, he barks.

Loves to strecths, but sleeps curly, mot of the time.

hair is shinny black, very silky. Eyes are bright and very expressive.

Begs for table food, but he doesn't get any.

Loves go for car rides, loves the air blowing on his face. oves open spaces to run.

drowls a lot, drinks normal, appetite is normal, but alwas is ready for food. Loves crushed ice.

Steals toys from neighbors and brings them home. Everybody love him, he is like a big baby, with a quite personality!!!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!
Nacho Cabrera View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sept. 09 at 10:24

Evenn though taht I asked for more information, certain remedies are linked to the syndrome. They re very specific, amd of course they will work.

The carachter of the haematoma calls for Hamamleis vrginica, because of the closed haemorrage of poisoned darck blood which doen't clot. Y  think that a 30 C every twelve hours for a week can work this out.

I will discuss more on the patient for the next stage, because this is maybe a three stage treatment.

Gretings from Mexico Silvia,

Nacho Cabrra

Homeopathy is not to live from her, but to live with her. (Dr. Dario Flores)
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sept. 09 at 15:18
Hi Nacho, thanks for your recommendation.

Actually the blood is not dark red, it is bright red. I can tell you this, because the first time the hematoma formed, when the ear was very very tense (almost to explode Confused), I applied a couple of leeches to the area to drain a little of the bllod, to release pressure. The blood which came out of the ear was bright red, not dense.

I was researching other remedies and I found Millefolium and Phosphorus fit for the red bright blodd, which doesn't clot ...

Any thought about this?

Thanks Smile

Silvia
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sept. 09 at 21:25
Hi Nacho, may I know the second stage of the treatment?

The hematoma is reduced a lot, but I can fell some scars are forming inside. It seems my dog is going to have a cauliflower ear (wrinkled ear flap)... Cry

Let me know, THANKS

Silvia
itir_al View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sept. 09 at 17:46
Hi,

I am a new member to this forum and my 8 year old golden retriever has an ear hematoma in her ear that formed on Friday. We did not know what to do and rushed to the vet and he offered surgery which I have rejected. He drained the fluid and when we cam back, I found this forum and gave my dog Arnica 9ch immediately. I do not know a lot about Homeopathy but desperately need advice about it. I have only Arnica 9ch with me and gave her 3 pellets. Does this potency will be of help? Any advice on what to do?

I am desperate here since I am living in Turkey with a very limited access to homeopathic remedies and I do not want to have the surgery as a option.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best,
Itir
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sept. 09 at 23:55
Itir, I am sorry about your dog. It is a pain to deal with those ear hematomas. My dog is not totally healed yet, and the point of hi ear is getting wrinkled, because of the healing process, but as long as he is OK, I love him with or without the wrinkled ear :)

Ok, my suggestion is, grab a 2 oz bottle with a dropper. Put like 10 pellets inside with filtrated water and let them dissolve and shake it 50/100 times. Then, during the weekend, give to your dog, one full dropper (maybe 20 drops) of this solution, every hour. no food or water 20 minutes before or after the arnica solution.

After the weekend. You can give to  your dog, the same arnica 3 times  a day.

If you have the possibility to find Hammamelis (Witch hazel) you can dab your dog' ear, where the hematoma is, to help the veins.

Does the doctor think this was of  a trauma? or a immune disorder?

It will take time for the hematoma to heal, with the Arnica you can control the immflamation and give your dog some relief while the body is healing itself ...

Good luck, keep us posted.
Chichi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sept. 09 at 23:57
by the way .... I rejected the surgery as well, bacause it is a very traumatic and painful surgery ....

Does your dog shake his/her head a lot?
itir_al View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sept. 09 at 04:15
Thank you for your reply.

Mia loves swimming and we moved to a house with a big garden and we bought one of those above ground pools for her. She spent the whole summer swimming and of course she shaked her head very frequently, so this is a traumatic one, the inside is completely clear.  I will do what you have said with the bottle thing and continue with the pellets as well.

I can't find witch hazel here but I found some creams that include hammamelis, better than nothing I guess. I will go to the drugstore today to find out something that will help us.

I was not satisfied with the operation alternative and the vet stated very clearly that it will come back as worse in the morning. Yes it came back but not as much as it was before the drainage. I keep her in the house, pool is a "No" for sometime and this hematoma does not seem to bother her. The vet provided me with some medical creams as well.

I also read in some places that leeches may be of use & found a vet who did a research on this. I am also trying to reach to him and if I can find a detailed info, I will go with leeches as well.

Off to prepare the arnica solution. One more Q, before I read your posts, I have given her the 3 pellets, do you think I should wait for some time before I provide her with the mixture?

Thank you very much,
Itir
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>